Program Analyst (IT)
Location: Washington, DC Metro Area
Pls. apply online at: http://www.advanciatech.com/careers
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Compensation: Salary, Benefits, and Bonuses
Advancia Technologies (AT), LLC, is a growing small business and looking for the ideal person to join our team of consulting professionals as a Program Analyst. AT is currently partnered with the Center for Human Capital Innovation (CHCI) on a contract that supports the Department of the Navy. As AT/CHCI’s clients face changing conditions, increasing mission requirements, and resource constraints, they are looking for innovative solutions that drive successful outcomes and support their most important asset – their people. AT/CHCI is engaging with clients to prepare for and address these challenges while enhancing operational results. AT/CHCI requires talented and experienced people to support this effort.
The Program Analyst is a pivotal position on the AT/CHCI team. Initially, the Program Analyst will join a project team that is primarily focused on transforming human capital systems for a government client. In the long term, this person will be responsible for a full range of project support activities that applies their training and experience to support both commercial and government clients in a dynamic environment. Accordingly, Program Analyst responsibilities include:
- Supporting the creation of a variety of deliverables (spreadsheets, slide decks, memos, reports) that synthesize research, analysis, and evaluation for a variety of audiences.
- Supporting and developing the use of computer-based information systems. These systems include both network and software applications.
- Supporting the design, operation and maintenance of technology products, by using IT skills to support the team’s interactions with IT service support providers.
- Coordinating client meetings, team meetings, and schedules.
- Using quantitative and qualitative methods to collect information, diagnose problems, and identify areas of improvement.
- Conducting environmental scans and research of key factors and trends in a variety of industries to collect best practices and lessons learned.
- Analyzing information to define problems, identify root causes, and recommend solutions.
- Collecting, cleaning, and monitoring data collected from surveys and/or pilot programs and updating analyses as appropriate.
- Using critical and creative reasoning to assist in developing recommendations for the client.
Aptitudes / Education / Experience:
The Program Analyst must be a curious, independent, detail-oriented, problem solver and engaged team member. The successful candidate will have strong research, writing, and analytic skills. The Program Analyst will also be self-motivated and able to prioritize work tasks based on importance and urgency, managing their time effectively. The ideal candidate will be comfortable participating in a range of duties – from administrative support and best-in-class research to workshop design and qualitative and quantitative analysis – all in support of the team and clients. Perhaps most importantly, the successful candidate must be a productive team member and a valued contributor to the firm and its clients. Furthermore, an ideal candidate should have the following types of education and work experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Science, or Information Technology related disciplines.
- Any IT certification, proficient in multiple programming languages, and be experienced in writing code.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in project management, or program management, of IT systems or technology.
- Three (3) years, or more, of relevant work experience in government or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in developing solutions that overcome obstacles and solve relevant problems.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain Secret eligibility .
- Security Clearance is desirable.
- Local travel within DC Metro area will be needed regularly.
- Travel within Continental U.S. may be needed.
If interested or want more information, please contact:
Dr. Jeffrey Weaver
Advancia Technologies, LLC
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite G-1
Alexandria, VA 22314
Advancia Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class
Our clients' diverse and increasingly complex requirements have not only encouraged but fueled our growth.