New Position available for a Resident Services Assistant at a growing and dynamic managed care organization in the Minneapolis area!
This person will be a key member of the Health Center staff and report to the Facility Administrator.
The Resident Services Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Social Worker and promoting a positive transition for post-acute care residents as well as responsible for the accurate and timely submission of Medicare Advantage insurance updates. The Resident Services Assistant will assist the Manager of Admissions & Outreach as needed with the new resident admission process. They will serve as an integrated team member to ensure patients achieve a safe, timely, and positive transition from one care setting to the next.
1. Collect and submit accurate Medicare Advantage insurance updates in a timely manner.
2. Ensure insurance update information is uploaded timely to the electronic medical record.
3. Assist in implementing the discharge plan for patients with post-care needs (i.e. home health, DME, transfers to SNF, etc.) in collaboration with the Social Worker.
4. Conduct resident/family interviews to gauge their understanding and satisfaction with the healthcare transition process.
5. Assist Social Worker in ensuring the Psychotropic Tracking log remains up-to-date.
6. Schedule care conferences, deliver/send care conference letters in a timely manner.
7. Inform residents of room changes and complete the necessary room change documentation.
8. Responsible for delivering, collecting, & tracking resident post-discharge surveys.
9. Track resident discharges and fax necessary information to the regional Ombudsman’s office.
10. Conduct post-discharge phone calls and patient/family surveys on adequacy of discharge plan and identify any re-admissions within these time frames.
11. Document post-acute referrals made, services rendered, and the effect of the services on the resident/patient.’
12. Talk with all transitional care residents about the national effort to reduce re-hospitalizations & complete the Re-hospitalization Prevention Agreement.
13. Maintains Transitions log in a timely manner with accurate information.
14. Update nursing 24-hour boards and resident bathing schedules daily
15. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations including corporate compliance and HIPAA Privacy Standards.
1. Assist the Manager of Admissions as needed with welcoming new residents, completing admission paperwork and conducting a basic welcome orientation for the new admission and/or their family.
2. Assist, as needed, with taking new resident photos and uploading to the electronic medical record.
3. Receives all persons who enter the Community in a courteous manner, informs, guides, directs or otherwise assists residents, visitors, staff or vendors tactfully and congenially to present the best possible image of the Community.
4. Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
5. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Company fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
1. We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
2. We treat everyone with courteous respect.
3. We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
4. We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
5. We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
6. We embrace and value our differences.
7. We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
8. We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
9. We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
10. We pay attention to details.
1. High School graduate. Ability to communicate efficiently in English using proper grammar in a pleasant manner.
2. Typing and experience with other business machines very desirable.
3. Must be able to handle a multiplicity of routine tasks, following specific instructions carefully and general instructions completely.
4. Experience working with short stay patients in a nursing home desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical effort is minimal. Approximately sixty percent (60%) of the work day is spent sitting, standing intermittently, and bending. Must be able to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds. Requires manual coordination to operate phone systems, computer, and other business equipment. Requires continuous mental and visual attention to diversified operations. Must be able to function efficiently despite distractions and interruptions. Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, coworkers, families, and public.