Now hiring Behavioral Health Technician's, (BHT), and Behavioral Health Professional's, (BHP), for an expanding and dynamic organization with multiple locations in the Phoenix valley.
As a Behavioral Health Technician, you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential and/or an inpatient crisis environment.
Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery-based environment.
Performs direct service to residential consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention. Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to clinical standards.
Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
Provide assessments and crisis intervention. Documents services provided according to standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner. Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so. Plans and organizes activities.
Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR a bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health.
Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member.
Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
• Develop and implement service plans
• Complete clinical assessments
• Provide quality care for clients
• Develop and implement treatment plans, clinical assessment criteria and programmatic goals, objectives and activities
• Perform intakes and psychosocial assessments of families, couples, children, adolescents, and adults
• Work with other professionals to plan, market and implement new programs
A Successful BHP will have the following education, licensing, and experience:
• Master’s Degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work)
• Licensed or license eligible with AZ Board of Behavioral Heath Examiner.
• One-year full-time work experience in the Behavioral Health field is required
• Good academic and working knowledge of DSM IV, State SMI check list, Community Resources, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical Methods and Procedures, Intervention Techniques and ability to apply same to possibly unstable, treatment resistant adult/adolescent/child of various ethnic cultures for co-occurring disorders (GMH/SA/SMI).
Both the BHT and BHP jobs are Temp to Full time Hire positions
Background/drug screen is required
Must be Reliable
Phoenix and Mesa locations!!!