- Posted: March 12, 2023
- $69,533 Yearly
Who we are:
Situated at the forefront of the national stage in the racial justice movement, Advancement Project National Office is a cutting-edge, no-holds-barred national nonprofit whose team members are dedicated to creating free and safe communities for people of color. From ending the school-to-prison pipeline to the fight to expand the right to vote, from calling for a complete overhaul of how we view the police and carceral state, to fighting for immigrant justice; Advancement Project National Office team members impact real change from the ground up. This moment demands alignment, sharp strategic thinking, and creativity to imagine a more just world in which racism no longer exists and all people of color can be free and safe - and we are excited to bring on new talent to change our world.
Advancement Project is seeking a skilled Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to support our operations department.
This position will report to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities.
- Performs all front desk responsibilities and general office administrative tasks
- Manage reception area, including answering and routing phone calls and greeting visitors.
- Conduct outgoing mail procedures, including creating and tracking UPS shipments.
- Manage office supply inventory, distribute and maintain the kitchen and break area.
- Assist with entering information into the database.
- Perform routine clerical duties, such as making photocopies, managing mail, and scanning, collating, and binding documents.
- Assist with scheduling appointments, meetings, and conferences, including setting up conference lines, booking rooms, and arranging for catering.
- Provide support to CFO related to Finance and Board meetings and perform administrative functions to support program and project, legal staff
- Coordinate scheduling of Board member meetings and related logistics.
- Manage all aspects of travel for meetings, including flight, hotel, ground transportation, and credit card authorization.
- Provide administrative support to the program and project team members and others, as needed.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and support routine administrative tasks for the organization as a whole and assist with the implementation of department initiatives and operations
- Assist with accounts payable/receivable and tracking account information.
- Manage receipts, track expenses, and track monthly credit card reports for monthly reports and filing
- Assist with the coordination of special projects and special events, as needed.
- Review various documents for typos and appropriate grammatical usage.
- Manage administrative files, copy, scan, collate and fax documents, as assigned.
- Maintain working knowledge of internal policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Finance, Information Technology, and Operations teams.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position and/or performing similar tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Associate's Degree preferred.
- Maintain working knowledge of multi-line phone systems and front desk security procedures, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Manage a high volume of tasks at one time, including organizing and prioritizing workload.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends, as needed.
With 2 years of relevant experience, this position pays a minimum of $ 57,055.52 and a maximum of $69,533.43 annually, per our compensation structure
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?