- Posted: over a month ago
Advanced Technology & Research Corporation (www.atrcorp.com) is seeking to fill the following full-time permanent position. Based in Maryland and incorporated in 1973, ATR is an equal-opportunity engineering company with a solid reputation in various engineering disciplines for the government and Fortune 500 commercial customers.
Salary for the position is competitive according to qualifications. ATR offers an attractive comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental insurances, free basic life/ADD, and long-term and short-term disability insurances, 401(k) plan, educational assistance program, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will join ATR's Robotics and Controls Systems Division, assisting the team in Beltsville Maryland to lead and participate in laboratory and shipboard testing of Additive Manufacturing (AM) systems, including test plan, test protocol, data collection, and data analysis. Will develop motion and vibration mitigation system to enable the use of shipboard AM systems. The successful applicant will assist in advancing these systems from concept design through prototype build and test. Position may require travel (up to 10% time) to perform on-site testing, including at-sea testing for US Navy customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or relevant Engineering; M.S. degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of practical technical experience in structural analysis using finite element software; and vibration measurement and testing.
SKILLS & ABILITIES RESQUIREMENTS:
- Sensor design and knowledge of signal conditioning and test methods for evaluating vibration response of systems.
- Expertise in digital and analog electronics hardware design and development.
- Experienced with analysis methods such as Kalman filtering, FFT, and DFT.
- Good communication, organizational and technical writing skills for both presentation and written project updates and reports.
Candidate MUST be a US citizen, and the ability to obtain and retain a SECRET security clearance.
Powered by JazzHR
Advanced Technology and Research Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?