- Posted: over a month ago
Salary Range: $60,000-$90,000 USD per year
Advanced Technology & Research Corporation (www.atrcorp.com) is seeking to fill the following full-time position. Based in Maryland and incorporated in 1973, ATR is an equal-opportunity engineering company with a solid reputation in various engineering disciplines for the government and Fortune 500 commercial customers.
Salary for the position is competitive according to qualifications. ATR offers an attractive comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental insurances, free basic life/ADD, and long-term and short-term disability insurances, 401(k) plan, educational assistance program, paid time off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will join ATR's Engineering Services Division, working as a member of the technical writing team.
- Edit draft manuscripts submitted by government engineers and scientists to ensure proper grammar, usage, and consistency and clarity in the presentation of the technical content
- Collect, organize, and assimilate technical information to facilitate the reviews and related document updates
- Format documents according to U.S. Navy technical report editorial style
- Coordinate with government engineers and scientists in the editorial review process and distribution (publication) of the finalized reports
- Assist in managing libraries of published documentation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS or BA in liberal arts, science, or engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience in editing and/or writing about science, engineering, and/or technology
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Very strong writing skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Be detail-oriented
- Strong abilities in using technical writing and desktop publishing software, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with image editing is a plus.
- Be confident, energetic, and highly-organized, and able to work in a team environment
Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance or favorable adjudication of a national security background investigation. Current successful background investigation completion is a plus
Powered by JazzHR
Advanced Technology and Research Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?