Senior Mechanical Engineer, Robotics
Advanced Technology and Research Corporation Beltsville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Beltsville MD Department: Robotics Division
Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Senior-Level
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead in developing innovative designs of advanced mechanical/robotic systems in a fast-paced Defense R&D environment.
- Lead laboratory and shipboard tests of advanced prototype systems and manufacturing processes.
- Write test procedures, conduct tests, compile and evaluate test data, and complete required documentation.
- Assist in bid and proposal efforts by providing cost estimations, technical approach definitions, and input to baseline schedule.
- Evaluate vendor capability to provide required services.
- Mentor junior engineers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or relevant Engineering. M.S. degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of practical technical experience in engineering processes, including concept development, analysis, design, drawing, integration and testing of complex mechanical and/or marine deployed systems.
- Proficient in mechanical system design; CAD (Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor); and machine kinematics and dynamics modeling and simulation (Matlab)
- Work experience on structural analysis using finite element software; and vibration measurement and testing.
- Manage program schedule, budgeting, and manning plan. Good communication, organizational and technical writing skills for both presentation and written project updates and reports.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facility, U.S. citizenship is required.