Advanced Technology & Research Corporation (www.atrcorp.com) is seeking to fill the following full-time permanent position. Based in Maryland and incorporated in 1973, ATR is an equal-opportunity engineering company with a solid reputation in various engineering disciplines for the government and Fortune 500 commercial customers.
Salary for the position is competitive according to qualifications. ATR offers an attractive comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental insurances, free basic life/ADD, and long-term and short-term disability insurances, 401(k) plan, educational assistance program, and paid time off
JOB TITLE: Engineering Technician
JOB LOCATION: West Bethesda, MD
Closing Date: Until Filled
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will join ATR's Engineering Services Division, working as a team member at our government client site involved in operation and maintenance of the wind tunnel facility at Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, West Bethesda. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and upkeep the wind tunnel facility
- Operate the wind tunnel and associated equipment
- Support test articles design and the mounting fixtures
- Assist with instrumentation and data collection
- Comply with facility safety procedures and requirements
- Produce technical documents and reports
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Tech or Vocational School or equivalent
- 3-5 years Engineering technician experience is a plus
- Military Service, DoD laboratories or industrial experience are desired
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong hands on capabilities and familiarity with instrumentations.
- Able to assist in data acquisition system set up and calibration
- Able to operate light machinery tools
- Familiarity with laboratory policies/procedures
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance or favorable adjudication of a national security background investigation. Current successful background investigation completion is a plus.