We are seeking an Oracle DBA to provide support for databases. Responds to database & user problems. Monitors database error logs to ensure proper capacity & availability. Executes database software installations, creation, configuration, & loads. Monitors performance of systems.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field (15–20 years of experience in database management support may substitute both education & experience.)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Seven (7) years of experience in related field
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Advanced degree in IT, Business or related field
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Control
- Experience with Golden Gate
- Experience with Oracle Database 19c
- Experience with Oracle Weblogic
- Experience with Tomcat
- Able to deal with multiple projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication, and presentation
- Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong Attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Provides support for assigned Oracle databases and Weblogic/Tomcat webservers. Primarily Production with some Non-Production
- Responds to database & user problems
- Monitors database error logs to ensure proper capacity & availability
- Install and configure database management systems and software.
- Monitor and maintain databases to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases to ensure data integrity.
- Provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures.
- Provide design and configuration recommendations
- Provide technical guidance to Junior and Mid-Level DBAs
- Other duties as assigned
SkillRequired / DesiredAmountof Experience
- Ability to maintain OLTP & OLAP databases. (i.e. installation; upgrades/patches; tuning; cloning; backup/recovery)
- Working knowledge of Oracle's physical database design, backup and recovery, and security management
- Knowledge of query languages such as PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data security standards. (i.e. FERPA and HIPPA)
- Knowledge of data backup, types of backups (e.g., full, incremental), and recovery concepts and tools.
- Experience and knowledge in code migrations, database changes, enforcement of the data integrity
- Oracle Database 12c or 19c Administration
- Oracle's physical database design, backup and recovery, and security management
- Installation and configuration of database management systems & software
- Data backup, types of backups (e.g., full, incremental), and recovery concepts and tools
- Oracle Cloud Control
- SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
- (PII) data security standards. (i.e. FERPA and HIPPA)
- Code migrations, database changes, enforcement of the data integrity