We are seeking a proven IT Project Manager. The qualified candidate will have successful experience in leading multiple IT projects as well as overall departmental strategic planning background.
- This will entail On-Site Work
- Possibility of telecommuting when needed.
- The project is intended to extend through 12/31/21.
The client will be augmenting its existing PM Staff in support of the increasing business demand. This position will report to the PMO Director in support of multiple projects. Specifically, the initial responsibilities will include working with the Data Center Optimization Project Team and vendors to facilitate and manage components of the Data Center Optimization project.
DCO PROJECT SCOPE
The client aims to build a shared foundation for a next-generation digital government that all customers can use for current and future services. The client intends to migrate customers positioned to do so, along with existing Client systems, from the current MAC data center into the State's new Shared Services Environment as part of the Data Center Optimization (DCO) initiative.
There are 10 primary data center locations with roughly 3000 servers, with remaining locations among all 84 agencies. Multiple platforms are within the scope of the effort including but not limited to Windows, Linux, and Unix concerning optimization efforts. All 84 agencies will be migrating into a shared services architecture within the West Little Rock data center, which will be replicated to an out of state disaster recovery site.
The client will also negotiate with a public cloud provider to reduce its on-premises IT infrastructure footprint. The client will evaluate the public cloud providers to ensure security and enhanced performance and will enable direct cloud connectivity from the SDCW data center and the new colocation facility to the public cloud. After steady-state operations are established, the MAC data center will be decommissioned.
The PM will coordinate and manage state efforts in concert with the efforts of the Data Center Optimization Project Manager to accomplish the following high-level goals:
- Migration of MAC data center resources to the target state architecture
- Migration of agency data center resources to the target state architecture
- Disaster Recovery process establishment, testing, and training.
- Internal preparation including training, testing, planning, and rollout
- ITSM integration and automation
- Procurement of hardware resources
- Additional projects could include, but are not limited to; networking, security, operations, application development, testing coordination, and warehousing.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Assist DCO SI PM in managing the transformation and data center optimization project and other projects as required
- Coordinate activities related to training, scheduling, organizational change management, migrations, procurement, and testing.
- Perform general project management activities.
- Assist with the procurement of hardware, software and or services.
- Coordinate and monitor daily activities and work assignments of contractors, consultants or other staff assigned to the project.
- Monitor the status of project tasks, activities, and deliverables, and advise PMO of any significant variations, issues, risks, etc.
- Attend or conduct project management, report and review sessions.
- Report project status updates to DCO Project Manager.
- Review and maintain technical project work plan, and report any changes to DCO Project Manager
- Review and approve project deliverables.
- Facilitate project communications, ensuring that appropriate resources are notified of, and available for planned project activities.
- Transition business processes into business and technical requirements.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business and IT systems and user needs.
- Evaluate and revise business and IT processes.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
- Anticipate and resolve issues.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor progress.
- Ensure that all project goals are accomplished according to specifications and business objectives.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues promptly.
- Identify and track issues, risks and action items.
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the project team.
- Develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Consistently provide accurate and detailed estimates
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision.
- Manage Vendor Deliverables
- Mentor and coach peers.
- Provide knowledge transfer to peers
- Provide measurable intellectual capital in developing solutions and solving problems.
- Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and can apply them to work as appropriate.
- Advise clients on alternate methods of solving need or problem or recommend specific solutions.