The Credit / Rebate Coordinator is a member of the Contract Management team, reporting directly to the Supervisor of Credits and Rebates.
This position is responsible for activities that support the adherence to customer contract terms that require special handling. This includes but is not limited to billings, credits, approved promotions and programs, and invoice adjustments and creating supporting documentation. Primary responsibility is the timely and accurate processing of credit and billing transactions, special back-up & ad hoc reporting and backup functions as assigned.
- Sourcing information to support manual billings and credits requests received from multiple sources.
- Validating data, identifying and correcting issues with supervision and required approvals.
- Inputting payment data in SAP based on contract and/or program/promotion terms
- Processing approved requests for credits and debits
- Creating and distributing reports and business analysis
- Working with internal stakeholders to resolve issues
- Investigation of customer billing and credit issues
- Audit support
- Creating and revising procedures / work instructions to support core business functions according to business requirements
- Tracking turnaround time and other metrics designated
- Process improvement participation and support
- Active support of efforts requiring teamwork when they arise
- Other activities driven by business needs including administrative functions such as scanning, filing and sending communications.
- Implement processes according to work instructions, training and written contracts
- Run regular reports
- Effectively uses listening, written and verbal skills to share information cross functionally and to achieve business results.
- Troubleshoot problems/implement approved solutions
- Identifies and assist in implementing process improvements
- Adapts to changing work priorities.
- Flexibility to support changing business needs
- Maintains and executes priorities in the face of distractions.
- Collects, analyses, and interprets business data and uses information appropriately to maintain and grow business and anticipate new opportunities.
- Uses job-related information and technology effectively to achieve results.
- Directed research of issues
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's preferred in business related field with minimum of 2 years business experience required, preferably in sales operations, contracting or an analytical role.
- Analytical skills and expertise with Microsoft Excel and SAP preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates independent work ethic with appropriate balance escalating any issues and challenges.