Under supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Performs mid level break-fix preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to locate root cause of problem dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts examining parts to detect imperfections adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments repair and/or replacement of defective parts testing of device to observe performance and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Drives and participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of training and development.
- Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands/fingers to handle, or feel reach with hands and arms climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 3 years of related experience in general industry or 5 years of related experience in general industry.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze problems and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
- May be required to travel.
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance
What do our Manufacturing Maintenance Technicians have to say?
"It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities."
"Lots of potential in providing services and lots of growth opportunity."
"The company's young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."
Not just a job - a great place to work!
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS has improved the performance for the world's most sophisticated companies, and we owe our success to our employees. Your time and your knowledge are important - make the most of both. At ATS, we've continually empowered our employees to develop their skills and advance in their careers. It's our philosophy, along with our uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction that has made ATS a success and a great place to work.