Position Objective: Local Class A CDL Driver duties include general driving but not limited to tractor/ trailer Class A CDL
- Operate tractor/ trailer in accordance with Department of Transportation and Company guidelines, and in a safe and efficient manner. Fully comply with all hours of service rules. Perform regular equipment checks, complete related documentation and notify supervisor of any unsafe condition
- Deliver products to dealer locations as scheduled and as requested. Notify Site Manager, Supervisor, scheduling personnel and/or customer of any immediate delivery problems
- Assist with unloading trucks and warehousing and/or palletizing at customer locations as needed. Pick up and load returned products as instructed. Complete all related paperwork.
- Provide basic customer service related to deliveries and assist in resolving related problems. Inspect product for defects as needed
- Complete an accurate driver log to be submitted on a daily basis along with other trip sheet, fuel, and maintenance and delivery documentation.
- Report accidents and complete appropriate paperwork per established mandated and Plant procedures
- Submit to drug and alcohol testing as required under DOT and Company guidelines
- Maintain current knowledge of, and comply with, CDL/Dot and Company/Plant requirements and standards.
- Immediately notify supervisor of a problem with CDL, driving record status and/or medical certification.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Subject to all FMCSR's
- Local route/home most nights.
- Must be at least 21 years old and by physically qualified to drive a truck in accordance with DOT requirements
- Must have ability to read and speak English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, and to make entries on reports and records
- 2-year CDL experience with a good driving record
- Meets all other DOT standards and requirement
- Must be able to pass a background screening and random drug testing
- Able to work on a deadline
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Good organizational skills/ able to work in a tram environment
- Class A CDL and high school Diploma
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U. S. or a U.S. resident.