- Posted: over a month ago
Hiring Civil and Architectural Engineers Primarily
Employee will assist Tyndall AFB 325 performing engineering duties (airfield and base pavements/structures) in researching, designing, developing, testing, or supervising the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems. Employee will provide support for preparing plans, specifications, value engineering studies and construction contract documents as well as prepare detailed cost estimates and resource loaded schedules for proposed projects. Employee will support the management of Military Construction (MILCON) and Sustainment, Repair, Maintenance (SRM) of programs and contract administrative services for design brought on by the MQ-9 beddown. Duties also include performing project management during the development, and execution of the programs. Additional duties and functions are:
- Reviewing status of SRM (Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization) and MILCON (Medical Military Construction) projects brought on because of the MQ-9 beddown;
- Review and update project status interface with clientele
- Manage the programming, design, contracting and, construction status of assigned project with the goal of meeting execution deadlines
- Perform design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering.
Specific duties for Tyndall AFB 325 CES engineer position include reviewing status of the SRM and MILCON projects brought on because of the MQ-9 beddown; review and update project status; interface with 325 CES clientele; manage the programming, design, contracting and construction status of every assigned project with the goal of meeting execution timelines, and briefing Tyndall AFB 325 CES leadership on program status; performing design duties in support of Tyndall AFB 325 CES mission; perform design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering; providing assistance in the development of architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW); coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines or architects; keep abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete; perform work in construction management and/or operations and maintenance functions; comply with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures; perform work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Architecture.
- Minimum 5-year experience as an engineer. (Required)
- Architectural curriculum must be accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Architect licensure (IDP and ARE/NCARB) is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and Experience in the area of programming, work classification, contracting procedures, program management, and design of facility projects, experience reviewing A/E (Architect/Engineer) design packages, knowledge of Automated Civil Engineering System (ACES), Excel, Access and Microsoft Office products. (Required)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Other support may include general program and project planning and execution support. Employee will perform field investigation activities and technical support for MILCON and SRM projects.
Contractors shall have knowledge and experience in the following areas: programming, work classification, contracting procedures, program management, and design of facility projects, experience reviewing A/E design packages, knowledge of Automated Civil Engineering System (ACES), Excel, Access and Microsoft Office products.
At a minimum, candidate shall be experienced in the following areas:
· Organizational analysis
· Business process improvement
· Acquisition and execution strategy development
· Marketing analysis and marketing materials development
· Financial mgt strategy and tool development
· Implementation planning
· Performance analysis and metric development
· Development of prioritization strategies
· Asset (housing) strategic planning
· Project schedules and cost estimates to support MILCON and SRM Programs
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- National Agency Check with Written Inquiry (NACI) clearance
- United States Citizen
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Employee must be willing to work in a construction site and/or outside environments. May be required to wear full Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) which may include, but not limited to, a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), Flame Resistant (FR) clothing, safety toe boots, fall protection equipment, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. Employee will perform the services required in office and outside environments during the following hours: 0630 hours through 1530 hours Monday thru Friday except Federal holidays or when the Government facility is closed due to local or national emergencies, administrative closings, or similar Government directed facility closings.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence.
- Ability to handle small tools, stoop, reach, maneuver equipment, pack equipment for shipping and or unpack for installation.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds
- Visual requirements include the ability to adjust focus on documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office and outdoor environments.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Position may also require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a construction setting, climbing stairs and ladders, working in extreme hot and/or cold environments, working in “confined space” environments, working at height, and working in outdoor conditions in all seasons.
- Position may require lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds, with rare lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee can expect annual travel requirements (up to two trips) to Headquarters Air Combat Command and other temporary duty (TDY) locations. Employee will be authorized travel expenses consistent with and no higher than the substantive provisions of the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR).
Advanced Technology Leaders Inc
AddressPanama City, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?