ATSS is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a direct position with a client near Mobile, AL
- Responsible for electrical engineering assignments as part of Capital Project preparation, execution, and commissioning. Responsible for design support, reliability topics, engineering calculations, engineering studies, inspections, and identifying solutions as part of capital improvements.
- Serve as a member of cross functional project management team.
- Design and engineering related to electrical, power, automation, network, and process control systems
- Results oriented related to identifying and implementing solutions
- Prepare engineering cost estimates
- Drawing and schematic preparation and review for capital projects
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Perform quality inspections on work executed by vendors and contractors
- Implement world class manufacturing equipment management programs
- Collaborate with reliability group to develop and implement equipment maintenance programs for new equipment
- Facilitate technical investigations, studies, problem review, new and proposed equipment and provide detailed evaluations and engineering designs
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- Proven experience (8+ years of experience) in Engineering in a manufacturing or capital project environment.
- Professional Engineer or on track to achieve licensure desired.
- Manufacturing Safety and lockout/tryout
- Power Distribution
- Automation systems, PLCs, Industrial PCs, etc
- Data acquisition systems
- Steel processing through hot strip, cold rolling and coating mills as well as coiling process knowledge
- Industry 4.0 and Automation concepts
- Read and interpret equipment design drawings
- Excellent communications skills working with professionals, operations, and construction trades.
- Excellent at being part of a cross functional team; mechanical, electrical, operations, quality, metallurgical, etc
- Microsoft Office Suite including Project
- Procore Construction Management Software
- Technical Writing
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism