SUMMARY: The Designer will be responsible for re-creating and validating 3D models and associated drawings from older platforms into PTC-CREO, with analysis of engine components and assemblies. They should be able to prepare documents and reports when requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate three-dimensional models of engine parts/assemblies using computer software PTC-CREO 2.0 or above.
- Generate associative detail drawings from 3D models in accordance with latest ANSI and CMI standards with GD&T where necessary.
- Ability to check 3D models/drawings and report their findings.
- Assist with the development, design and functionally of the product.
- Ensures components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
- Communicates with TPL in developing the product design.
- Works with TPL to identify problems and develop solutions with product design.
- Provide support to manufacturing to ensure product is manufactured and assembled, based on intended functionality of design.
- Works under general supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- PTC-CREO 2.0 or above or similar 3D modeling software- 1 year minimum related experience.
- PTC Windchill experience a bonus. (Product Lifecycle Management system).
- Three or more years’ experience in the design of complex parts (castings and forgings) preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience with GD&T.
- Proficient/full understanding in converting inch dimensions and tolerances into metric equivalent.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel, and work in a team environment.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to work on their own initiative when necessary.
Ability to read and interpret engineering documents, technical manuals, standards and operating instructions. Ability to write routine reports and requests that are project related. BONUS – Understanding of German language (spoken and written)
WindowsXP, Power Point, MS Project, Excel, Word.
Required - PTC-CREO 2.0 or higher or similar 3D modeling software,
Preferred - Solid Edge, Inventor, AutoCAD, Macola, Windchill, Autodesk
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.