Advanced Specialty Hospitals of Toledo, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Therapy Director to join our team.
The Therapy Director assumes full-time responsibilities in an assigned facility. This is a professional position with the primary responsibility of maintaining a productive and efficient Rehabilitation department. This position also includes evaluation of patients and direct patient care. Additional duties of an administrative nature may be assigned by facility administrator or the CommuniCare Rehabilitation management team.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs Evaluations, Screens, and treatments of facility patients/residents who are in need for Therapy services.
- Reviews medical chart and screen prior to completing evaluation to determine patients need for services and ability to benefit from skilled services.
- If an evaluating therapist, perform patient/resident evaluation under physician order and develops a treatment plan in accordance with patient’s needs.
- Implements treatment plan through direct treatment, education of treatment staff which includes therapists and other members of team involved in the treatment plan.
- Maintain professional growth and development by participating in continuing education programs and other approved learning experiences.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical record, facility, and rehab related information.
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures daily.
- Attends/leads interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members of the rehab team.
- Attends and participates in family meetings when appropriate.
- Provides documentation and billing training for facility staff.
- Functions as a resource for clinical programming and caseload development.
- Collaborates with facility and corporate Denials Management Specialist regarding any ADR/denied therapy claims.
- Complies with the documentation requirements of the rehab department and facility.
- Conducts staff/family training and education when appropriate by formal and informal in-services as well as consultations.
- Reviews and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance programs as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Therapy Director must be a licensed clinician (PT, OT, SLP, PTA, or COTA) from an Accredited Program. This individual must hold a current state license, have excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrate competency in therapy treatment and evaluation principles, techniques, materials and equipment utilization, and to be able to demonstrate knowledge of state and federal accreditation.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.