Assistant Director of Nursing - Behavioral Health
- Posted: January 20, 2023
Advanced Recovery Systems (ARS) is an integrated behavioral healthcare management company dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. With facilities in various regions of the U.S., we have been furthering this mission since our inception, applying our advanced approach to patient care. About ARS: www.advancedrecoverysystems.com
The IAFF Center of Excellence is dedicated to assisting firefighters and emergency medical technicians, a population that experiences PTSD and substance use disorders at twice the rate of the general population, struggling with behavioral health challenges. The 64-bed facility is located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, a forested, serene town just 30 minutes east of Washington, D.C., near the Chesapeake Bay. About IAFF: www.advancedrecoverysystems.com/centers/iaff-recovery-center/
What do we offer you?
Sign-On Bonus Available. Matching HSA -up to $1500 a year contribution from the company to your HSA. Teladoc access and visits at NO cost to the employee. Healthcare monthly premiums starting at:Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director of Nursing performs a wide variety of job duties during their shifts, caring for and educating patients about their medical, psychiatric, chemical dependency, substance use disorder, addiction recovery, mental health and behavioral health treatment. Establishing trust and building rapport with patients and their families are key elements of this position. Works effectively with the facility leadership team to ensure success of the facility by completing the following core job duties:
- Resolve pending issues from the previous shift, e.g., missed or incomplete labs or treatments, incomplete admissions or discharges, missing data for continuity of care.
- Compliance Audit Related to Infection Control, e.g., glucometer, refrigerator, sharps containers, laboratory cleanliness, pests in facility, hand washing and flu campaign.
- Medication storage, medication returns, medication destruction, calling pharmacy to resolve medication issues.
- Order supplies, inventory management, maintain/organize supply room.
- Monitor and track lab orders, monitor and track outside consults, track medical transfers.
- Coordinate and plan the admission workflow, print Integra and Care 360 requisitions, assure collected samples are properly labeled 4.
- Level of Care transfers in AVATAR.
- Administrative functions, e.g., scanning documents into AVATAR, assisting with the work schedule, assisting BHT’s with the creation/modification of observation sheets.
- Admission and discharge audits. Check/audit the proper completion of any nursing procedure (at discretion of DON) to assure compliance.
- Coordinate the Vivitrol program as directed by supervisor.
- Is responsible for maintaining the daily scheduling of units according to approved ratios based on census.
- Collaborates with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for quality patient care delivery.
- During State of Emergency, ensures appropriate nurse staffing levels are maintained at all times and may be required to remain onsite throughout the State of Emergency period.
OTHER REQUIRED TASKS
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with the treatment team in incorporating medical issues into treatment planning.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in regular department meetings and staff meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with clients with compassion and respect.
- Demonstrates ability to display good work habits: get things done in a timely, efficient manner with no excessive absences; is on time for scheduled shifts and prepared to begin work.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with other staff members and demonstrate the ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrates ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, responding positively to changing situations in the work setting.
- Demonstrates objectivity and maturity under stress.
- Demonstrates ability to accept and utilize supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to address problems noted by supervisor.
- Demonstrates willingness accept responsibility.
- Demonstrates ability to complete all tasks with concern for work quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
- Demonstrates ability to encourage efficient utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide for the preservation of personal dignity of clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to report incident occurrences in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain a safe physical environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to comply with all regulatory and accreditation guidelines and standards.
- Ability to maintain the confidential nature of all payments and facility activities.
- Ability to maintain required training and continuing education.
- Ability to maintain the Standards of Ethical Conduct.
- Reports any concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrates ability to perform additional duties, as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Assists in managing outpatient needs for discharged clients including injections as needed.
- May function in the role of DON in the absence or by direction of the DON.
- May take RN call for the facility at the discretion of the DON/Designee.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement. ARS requires all employees who work in any facility or office to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse as indicated in State law required
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Licensed Registered Nurse required
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Licensed to practice in the State of practice required
- Higher education preferred
- Behavioral health experience preferred
Apply Today. Click apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Recovery Systems, a national integrated behavior healthcare management company dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. We invite you to learn more about us at our website! The Company complies with state and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to discriminatory practices/EEO. We are proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Advanced Recovery Systems
AddressUpper Marlboro, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at Advanced Recovery Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?