Produces high quality bone density images in a timely manner while providing excellent patient care.
Monday through Friday 7:00a.m. - 3:30p.m
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Treats patients and customers with courtesy and respect.
• Checks referral for appropriate study. Calls referring physician when in doubt or with questions as necessary.
• Assures room is ready prior to the patient entering the room (i.e. Equipment is operable and all supplies are readily available).
• Understands and uses the scales, field of view, and other adjustments and factors on the equipment in order to produce high quality images.
• Checks patient histories, clinical indications, and has patient sign waiver (ABN), if necessary.
• Consults with Radiologist when necessary to determine appropriate scanning procedure.
• Puts patients at ease by explaining the procedure and responding to their questions/requests in a professional manner.
• Monitors patient’s well being during scan; recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems and takes appropriate action.
• Keeps patient schedule and attempts to accommodate add-on patients when requested.
• Communicates delays or changes in the schedule to the appropriate person(s).
• Exercise sound judgment regarding image quality; determines when repeats and/or additional imaging are necessary.
• Releases patient with proper follow-up information.
• Practices universal medical precautions.
• Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
• Maintains an organized system of paperwork for monitoring and follow-up.
• Respect rights of family members that are accompanying the patient.
• Remains professional in all situations.
• Adheres to all OSHA regulations, RGX practices and generally accepted safety protocols.
• Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• Familiarity with and ability to use equipment in assigned modality including RIS, imaging equipment and PACS.
• Ability to utilize the principles, theories, practices, techniques and methods of the imaging procedures the team member conducts in order to produce images of high diagnostic quality.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and appropriate fashion.
• Knowledge of patient positioning based on type of study.
• Understands anatomy and pathology as needed to perform imaging procedures in assigned modalities.
• Knowledgeable of appropriate studies to perform for the patient’s diagnosis.
• Demonstrates the ability to use proper screening methods of patients to avoid potential injury.
• Ability to assist patients onto table.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to walk/stand for 90% of patient interaction.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by successful completion of an accredited radiology program; registered with the ARRT; state licensure (if applicable); and training and/or certification in the modality in which the team member specializes.
RadNet is an equal employment opportunity employer and treats all applicants and employees in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender-identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran/military status, qualified disabled veteran, marital/ domestic partnership status, religious creed, medical condition, sexual orientation, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RadNet does participate in E-I9 Verify.
All locations are ACR Accredited.
Why Work Here?As the largest imaging provider in the state and one of the largest in the country, Advanced Radiology offers a complete range of imaging services including Digital 3D Mammography, X-Ray, MRI/MRA,CT/CTA, PET/CT, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, DXA for bone density measurement and more. You will find us in over 30 convenient outpatient locations in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties and in seven area hospitals; Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), LifeBridge Health Carroll Hospital Center, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, and University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (BWMC), Harford Memorial Hospital, St. Joseph Medical Center, Upper Chesapeake Medical Center. All locations are ACR Accredited.
Outpatient, multi-modality training, advancement opportunities, inter-company transfer opportunities, excellent benefits package.
Bel Air, MD