Advanced Radiology of Columbia is seeking a qualified Accounting Clerk.
Responsible for providing accounting and business office support within the organization. Updates general ledger system, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable/receivables, assists in accounting procedures and handles patient payments and refunds and assists in the billing and revenue cycle as needed.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support organization.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Compile and sort invoices and checks.
- Issue checks for accounts payable.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Record charges and refunds.
- Support accounting personnel.
- Input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Provide customer service as needed.
- File and tally deposits.
- Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts.
- Process bills for payment.
- Open mail and match payments to invoices.
- Arrange for money to be delivered to bank.
- Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Contact individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Ensure customers accept payments or refunds.
- Assists in development of financial projections and forecasts.
- Assists in processes to ensure timely management of A/R and A/P accounts and journal entries.
- Assist with general banking and patient billing processes as needed.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by management.
- Education: Minimum Associate’s degree in accounting. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or a related field strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting procedures and principles.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive information
- Strong desire to learn
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Time management
Advanced Radiology of Columbia