JOB DESCRIPTION HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with other members of the HR team supporting the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, benefits administration, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
Monday - Friday 8a-5p (40 hrs per week)
Conduct bi-weekly onboarding of newly hired employees and enter new hire paperwork in HRIS
Coordinate health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration
Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity, and support routine reporting requests. This includes running monthly reports
Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in the HRIS system in a timely fashion
Assist in recruitment process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, performing reference checks and telephone interviews
Maintain listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels
Support initiatives and activities form employee and manager training, which is
facilitated by HR. May support company-sponsored employee events as directed
Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
Perform other duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years Human Resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience with ADP and ADP recruitment module, a plus
Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Previous experience in a union environment, a plus
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Must have high initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, good communication and analytical
Excellent time management, organizational skills and enjoy working in a fast paced
Able and willing to work well in a diverse environment
Demonstrated commitment to working with homeless people and support for CHP’s
mission and culture required.
SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification preferred
Advanced Professional Security is offering a competitive salary and also provides an excellent benefits package.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “HR Generalist” in the subject line. Please include desired salary in cover letter.
APS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
APS hiring policies require a background check for all applicants.
Human Resources Generalist Job Responsibilities:
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Administer new employee on-boarding and orientation.
- Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Collaborate with the human resources team to develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Identify future staffing needs.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain employee personnel records.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
Human Resources Generalist Qualifications/Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Awareness of OSHA regulations and compliance
- Understanding of personnel and compliance records management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- 3-5 years human resources experience
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus