Safety, Ergonomics and Security Specialist
Our client, a well-established and growing corporation with operations in the Triad (central NC), has an immediate opening for a strong safety professional to oversee the design and implementation of the company's health and safety management programs.
SAFETY & ERGONOMICS
- Plans, designs, implements and evaluates health and safety management programs and processes to ensure compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations and the health and safety management system standard. Establishes safety education and training for all employees.
- Prepare strategic and tactical plans as required to meet goals established by the company. Analyzes appropriate health and safety metrics to identify trends and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Serves as lead resource and provides leadership to management and internal safety and health teams; acts as a liaison with external regulatory agencies, safety suppliers and other safety organizations.
- Manages safety audits and risk assessments to identify noncompliance with Company applicable laws and regulations. Reviews new products, equipment, processes and facilities; making recommendations if necessary, prior to introductions.
- Manages both tactical/strategic components of workers compensation administration & return to work programs.
- Provides oversight to ensure thorough investigations of safety and ergonomic incidents. Collaborates with occupational health to ensure appropriate documentation is completed. Manages corrective action and preventative action processes.
- Coordinate security operations with Allied-Universal site manager.
- Ensure security and fire panel systems are functioning properly and coordinate any repairs or assessments needed with contract groups.
- Emergencies: assume the role of Emergency Coordinator as part of the Company Incident Command Team.
- Serve as liaison for Company with its ESOC (Enterprise Security Operations Center).
Required / Preferred Skills:
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in Occupational Health & Safety/Ergonomics or in an Engineering/Technology discipline.
- Four to seven years' experience in personnel, health and safety administration preferred.
- Investigation skills to determine root cause and conduct trend analysis of incidents. Performs more complex functions, understand principles, may teach others.
- Knowledge of governmental/agency regulatory requirements or legislation, occupational health principles, occupational safety programs and ergonomic principles, and ability to apply to workplace environments.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and factory operations. Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Understanding of occupational health, safety, industrial hygiene and ergonomic principles. Performs more complex functions, understand principles, may teach others.
- Knowledge of worker's compensation laws and regulations. Performs more complex functions/principles.
Please attach resume (MSWord preferably) to submission.
All inquiries are highly confidential and go directly to:
Pat Rudy | Advanced Personnel Resources