ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a polite and courteous manner.
- Responsible for making new appointments for the physicians within the clinic.
- Responsible for the waiting list and scheduling of second opinion visits for the physicians of the clinic.
- Responsible for scheduling the appointments for the clinics physical therapists.
- Taking and sending messages to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain clinic and patient confidentiality.
- Performs other various tasks and work as requested.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Some previous experience in this line of work is preferred but not required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: None.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, patients, and the public.
- Skill in operating a computer and photocopy machine.
- Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
Call Center Environment: 12 people currently in a room set up with cubicles. All have cordless headsets though so they get up and walk around and go see doctors to ask questions or work out their schedules. Attire= scrubs. 80% are inbound calls versus 20% outbound. KPI's are tracked real time and shown on a TV mounted in the room for everyone to see. Driven by QUALITY more than anything. Need to be empathetic to people on the phone but also take control. Very positive, team-oriented environment. In one day, the call center will take/make 2800-3200 calls per day and it could range from scheduling an appointment to requests to refill prescriptions to any number of things.
Schedule: 7am-5:30pm- start at either 7am, 7:30am or 8am (staggered to allow coverage at all times during breaks/ lunch) and end time is also staggered based on start time. 1 hour lunch Tues.-Friday but only a half hour lunch on Mondays due to volume. 40-42 hours per week.