Summary of Duties: Responsible for data entry, posting and managing account
payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance
- Data\Claim Entry
- Review and Submit patient claims for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Check insurance payment for accuracy
- Contact insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Receive patient payments
High School diploma and Degree in Medical billing or coding.
Skills and Specifications
- Experience with Practice Management Systems
- Good knowledge of medical coding.
- Good inter communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Responsible person.
Normal office environment Monday thru Friday 7:30 to 4:30