- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
West Hollywood, CA
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our team! This is a mid-level attorney role that will provide educated legal advice to senior management, board members and other executives on various legal matters and advise them on how to remain compliant with current corporate laws. You should also have a broad knowledge of all aspects of the legal field, including litigations, corporate law and labor law, to increase legal acumen across our Teams. Additionally, Counsel must have a license to practice law in the state of California.
- Develop Company policies in compliance with laws, regulations, to ensure all policies and procedures reflect best practices;
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and provide leadership on cross-functional teams, identify legal issues, and provide legal options / analysis of possible legal solutions, all while interacting with external counsel, advisors, external vendors, and the business;
- Prepare, review, edit, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of commercial and transactional agreements;
- Provide advice and counsel on Delaware corporate law and general corporate governance matters, including support for the Board of Directors (e.g., drafting meeting materials, minutes, resolutions, etc.)
- Provide legal support on array of contracts and transactional matters; advertising and marketing compliance; risk assessment, litigation support, IP law (patents and trademarks); regulatory and compliance (corporate and product) and employment law; and
- Support corporate and strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and entity liquidations.
- Assist with collection and assessment of benchmarks/metrics/KPIs.
- Law Degree from a nationally recognized law school and member of a major state bar 3+ years’ experience in legal practice (either in a large law firm or a combination of a large law firm and in-house experience) with active California State Bar License.
- Significant experience working as a corporate attorney and providing legal advice on a broad set of general corporate matters, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in managing and responding to employment claims.
- IP law (patents and trademarks) knowledge is a plus.
- Must be comfortable managing a high volume of projects from multiple sources simultaneously with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- You thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, independently setting priorities and driving results with a "no task is too small" attitude.
Advanced Nutrients has been the No. 1 producer of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis nutrients since 1999, creating an intuitive line of products trusted by growers all over the world. As part of our mission to make cannabis an acceptable and everyday part of healing humanity, we are responsible for more industry innovations than any other company — and there are many more to come.
In order to continue this legacy of innovation, we’re looking for thought leaders who have a passion to disregard the status quo, seek continuous growth and love being part of something special.
·We want to cultivate a company culture that keeps people excited about our mission and thoroughly engaged.
·Place the right people in the right positions and provide the resources to help them in their current positions while setting them up for success to grow into future roles.
·Offer competitive pay and benefits since we want everyone to work to live (and not the other way around).
·Opportunities to give back to the community through various company initiatives
·Top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance available after 1-month of full-time employment
·Flexible PTO policy
·401k with matching
·Company funded long and short-term disability
·Company Sponsored Life Insurance
·Casual Dress Code
We invite you to join in our mission to evolve how people think about the cannabis industry, expand its appeal and be a part of this global organization that was built from the ground up.
Advanced Nutrients is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For those who choose to work with Advanced Nutrients— please, note that our current Covid -19 safety guidance in place, includes our existing mask requirement and vaccine requirement going into effect August 27,2021. The company is committed to the health and safety of all of our teammates in compliance with the most up to date state and federal regulations.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressWest Hollywood, CA
LegalView all jobs at Advanced Nutrients