Advanced Nutrients Woodland, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Advanced Nutrients has been the No. 1 producer of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis nutrients since 1999, creating an intuitive line of products trusted by growers all over the world. As part of our mission to make cannabis an acceptable and everyday part of healing humanity, we are responsible for more industry innovations than any other company — and there are many more to come.
The Buyer is responsible for researching and sourcing for new suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions for purchase orders and using personal discretion when confirming the use of or switch to a new vendor. He/she also enter purchase requisitions for raw ingredients, labels, hardware, and R&D, in addition to processing incoming shipping documents from various warehouses.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and source for new suppliers or through word-of-mouth from existing vendor relationships
- Find 3-4 suppliers for a given raw material (usually this raw material will be an item sold in Canada but not easily available in the U.S.)
- Gather quotes from vendors and analytically compare prices and terms
- Negotiate terms and conditions to obtain the best price
- Use personal discretion when confirming the use or switch to a new vendor
- Process purchase requisitions for raw ingredients, labels, hardware, and R&D
- Access the supplier in ERP or create new supplier if necessary
- Research new suppliers online for best prices (if not provided with sources in requisition form) or negotiate prices if necessary
- Create a purchase order in ERP, ensuring quantity and purchase prices are correct
- Request an immediate invoice from a supplier to match the invoice to purchase order in
- ERP to reveal and adjust any discrepancies
- Track the purchase orders manually on Excel spreadsheet for department record-keeping purposes
- Monitor inventory levels in warehouses to anticipate the next order
- Correspond with plant managers for up-to-date inventory levels and adjust these levels in ERP
- Set up new suppliers in ERP and determine payment options
- Enter new supplier information in ERP (including business name and license, address, banking/payment options, etc)
- Maintain good relations with vendors and resolve any issues that may arise
- Process receiving documents (incoming shipping documents) from various warehouses
- Match receiving documents from the shipment (send from warehouses after they receive them from the courier) to purchase orders in ERP
- Verify prices and quantities are identical
- Perform other duties as required
- 5+ years of previous experience as a buyer or in a similar role
- International purchasing experience, China highly preferred
- Bachelors Degree and Purchasing designations are considered an asset
- Ability to travel.
- Manufacturing, agriculture, hemp, or cannabis industry experience is a plus
- A passion for cannabis with a desire to gain industry knowledge and experience
BENEFITS & PERKS
Advanced Nutrients strives to offer a complete benefits package, taking into consideration the immediate as well as long-term needs of its team members.
- Opportunities to give back to the community through various company initiatives
- Top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance available after 1-month of full-time employment
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k with matching
- Casual dress code
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Advanced Nutrients