We are currently searching for an experienced infection control Registered Nurse to monitor and investigate known or suspected sources of infections in order to ensure infection control in a hospital environment in Dorchester Massachusetts. The infection control nurse will review sterilization and disinfection techniques and recommend changes as needed. Will provides related education to staff. Will prepare simple cultures as needed for environmental and individual studies. Will perform a variety of tasks and may lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The infection control RN will typically report to the nurse manager or head of a unit/department. The infection control nurse should be familiar with a variety of practices and procedures.
To qualify for this position the following credentials are required:
- Registered Nurse Lic (FL)
- BSN or MSN
- Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC)
- 5 years experience in infection control or related area
- Experience in Information Technology as applied to Infection Control or Public Health
- Knowledge of fields related to infection control, microbiology, patient care practices,clinical infectious diseases, pathology, medical statistics or bio-statics,epidemiology and adult education principles.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation skills, including knowledge and experience in grant writing.
For more information and to schedule an interview please send your resume via e-mail. ADV/8-19