Hiring good people is the backbone of a successful organization. Building a strong sourcing (searching), screening (interviewing and eliminating), and hiring process increases the strength of a company as well as the company brand. We are looking for energetic, people-oriented candidates who could have a love for engaging with potential candidates over the phone.
This internship will consist of high level and detailed training in the talent acquisition area of Human Resources. The intern will report directly to the Talent Acquistin Supervisor and will train closely with her and the other interns as they develop their sourcing, screening and hiring skills. The intern will have the chance to interact directly with candidates and practice skills that are highly sought after in new college grads.
The Talent Acquisition Intern provides quality hiring and staffing administrative support to The Talent Acquisition Team and Ellison Technologies’ clients. This training and work will be based from The HR Team office in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and administrative support to the VP of HR on various projects.
* This is a paid internship.
* Estimated 10-20 hours a week.
*Ideal schedule would be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
At Ellison Technologies, we are one of the largest machine tool distributor in North America with close to 350 employees, in 16+ different markets, selling high-end, highly differentiated, CNC machine tools (large metal cutting machines, we’ll get into what this means during the interview).
At Ellison Technologies we are growing as a thriving Talent Acquisition department, to support our growing company. As an HR team we put emphasis on employee satisfaction, team strengths, and using cutting edge studies to positively impact our workforce.
“The Ellison Way principles continue to drive our company forward. The Ellison Way principle of Adaptation will ensure that Ellison will evolve to further grow market share, strengthen our relationships with our key partners Doosan and our customers. The major focus moving forward must be on the development of Ellison’s most valuable resource – its people." - Graham Hooper (CEO)
More information at www.EllisonTechnologies.com, and an employment video can be found at http://www.ellisontechnologies.com/about-us/employment.
Assist Talent Acquisition Leader by sourcing resumes for current requirements.
- Learn coveted search techniques (tricks to find obscure resumes, Boolean search logarithms)
- Proactively source resumes for future requirements.
- Attend regular meetings to effectively improve the Talent Acquisition Leader and Hiring Managers with business processes.
- Train on effective recruiting methods and shadow the Talent Acquisition Leader on his/her day-to-day functions.
- Utilize job boards (i.e. Monster, Career Builder, LinkedIn, Indeed etc.) to source resumes and post new jobs.
- Use social media to post jobs, and to network with engineering professionals.
- Use research skills to come up with new ideas for improving searches and brand development.
- Sort incoming resumes
- Call candidates and perform phone interviews
- Create clear notes and summaries from phone interviews to be sent to hiring managers.
- Complete regret letters and calls
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Proofread HR documents
- May be responsible for making meeting arrangements
- Properly handle client requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation.
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
- Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients.
- Manage and accurately report expenses and time sheet.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Currently enrolled at a four year program at an accredited school and have completed a minimum of two years of secondary education.
- A graduation date on or after May 2020
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/ problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior consultant
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Education required: Two years minimum college and currently enrolled as a student in a four year university.
"Ellison Technologies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.” ***