Quality Control Inspector
Advanced Manufacturing Careers Costa Mesa, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Tenured Employees, Great Work-Life Balance, Strong Benefits
This well-established company spans across several countries including the US, Switzerland, France, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. For the past 84 years, they have produced high quality automatic control valves using over 50 varieties of metals and grades. Currently, they have a head-count of 400+ employees with an average tenure of 16 years. In this position, you would have the opportunity to work at their headquarters located in Costa Mesa, CA.
In this position, you would be responsible for performing receiving, in-process, and final inspection of raw materials, finished machined parts, and assemblies to ensure conformance with engineering documents, government and commercial standards, customer requirements, and company quality guidelines.
This is a 2nd shift position from 2:30PM - 11PM, Monday - Friday, with overtime opportunities.
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Standard paid holidays
- Sick days
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Company events such as catered lunches & holiday parties
- Potential bonuses based on company & individual success
- Perform inspection for raw materials, casting, and finished parts from vendors
- Perform first article and in-process inspections of machined parts to verify conformance to customer requirements, drawings, and internal processing requirements.
- Inspect and clean completed parts
- Verify correct assembly and required tests were completed
- Analyze and review customer requirements to ensure all quality and specifications of products are met before shipment
- Performs dimensional inspections using precision measuring instruments such as pressure, threaded ring and plug, bar, height gages, calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, and surface plate work
- Set up, operate, and program CMMs as needed
- Prepare and completed NCR and rejection reports
- Works closely with production personnel to ensure standards and priorities are being met
- Strong knowledge of machining and inspection techniques and procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work specifications for quality
- Ability to use standard precision measuring instruments to check linear, angular and configuration of raw, in-process, and completed parts to tolerances of .0001"
- Experience with various hand tools such as height gauge, calipers, micrometers, indicators, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable military and commercial standards
- Some knowledge of hydraulics and assembly practices would be a plus!
AMC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Advanced Manufacturing CareersWhy Work Here?
Direct hire CNC industry related positions, never temp or contract!
Advanced Manufacturing Careers is a match maker: We connect the best and brightest people with leading companies that utilize high tech machines and top technologies. We have positions available around the country with an emphasis in CNC careers. These are direct hire positions (not temporary, not contract). These companies offer competitive compensation and benefits. We align passionate people with industry leading companies and support manufacturing in the United States of America.
AddressCosta Mesa, CA