Quality Assurance Manager
Advanced Manufacturing Careers Hawthorne, CA
- Expired: July 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Assurance Manager
Job ID: 2021-2055
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: External Quality
Growing company looking for a dedicated QA Manager!
Located in Hawthorne, CA, this company serves the medical and aerospace industries and has been around since the 1940's. What's more, they have worked to continuously expand their organization through significant CAPEX investment and are expecting to increase their square footage by more than 50% (this is a great growth opportunity!). Currently, their 30,000 square foot facility holds 60 employees and 50 CNC machines; in addition to machining they specialize in other processes such as gun drilling, honing, and wire-hold drilling.
Due to this growth, they are looking for a dedicated QA Manager to drive process improvements during this time. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to work with high end metals on complex, challenging parts in a stable environment with significant tenure among the majority of employees (very low turnover!). In addition, for the right candidate there is the possibility of ample growth in terms of both opportunities and compensation.
The operation is currently running a 1st and 2nd shift with plans to implement a 3rd shift. This is a salaried position with a 7AM start time, with a goal to maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 2 weeks PTO (after the 1st year - flexible)
- Standard paid holidays
- Medical insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company events 4-5 times a year such as catered lunches and holiday parties.
- Working hands on within the QA department
- Perform training as well as evaluations for 4 direct reports
- Lead customer and government audits
- Lead process improvement efforts in addition to developing metrics
- Support inspector and technicians with first article, in process, and final inspections using CMM machines, vision systems, and other basic inspection tools as needed
- Deep understanding of both AS9100 and ISO 13485 required
- Experience leading both internal and external audits
- Previous management/supervisory experience within the quality department
- Must be responsive, detail oriented, and attentive, ready to take control of the department
- CMM programming with PC-DMIS a big plus!
AMC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Advanced Manufacturing Careers
TechnologyView all jobs at Advanced Manufacturing Careers