US-CA-Santa Fe Springs
Job ID: 2020-1913
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: External Accounting
Growth And An Excellent Culture!
At Ellison Technologies, we believe that hiring good people is the backbone of any successful organization. This is what has led us to over 60 years of success and allowed us to grow to one of the largest machine tool distributor in North America with close to 300 employees, in 16+ different markets.
If you want to be part of a very stable organization, where growing and learning are not just encouraged, but a major part of the role, please connect
Specifically, the role of our corporate controller will put you in a strategic position where you’ll gain exposure across the organization as you lead a team 8+ individuals while acting as the right hand person to our Vice President of Finance and Accounting.
The controller position positions you to be responsible for a wide range of activities and deliverables including :
- Overseeing the monthly accounting close
- Manage daily accounting tasks including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Treasury functions.
- Oversee the annual audit with Deloitte.
- Prepare the financial statements and detailed reporting requirements for parent company, Mitsui & Co, LTD.
- Prioritizing people management and making meaningful time investments with selecting, developing, training, and managing the performance of members of the accounting team.
- ...and more!
What are we looking for?
- Experience at a publicly traded company in accounting as an Accounting Manager or Controller
- An active CPA and a Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Participation in the preparation of footnotes and statements for audited financial statements
- Experience working with the company’s annual financial audit by a Big 4 firm
- Supervisory experience of a team of 4 or more people.
- Legal/contract review experience
- Experience with full month close process, including eliminations and consolidations
- Preparation of financial statements including inter-company eliminations
- Superior Excel skills and advanced working knowledge of ERP systems and software
- Leadership, ability to coach a team to achieve results
- Epicor and / or Hyperion experience would be highly desirable
“The Ellison Way principles continue to drive our company forward. The Ellison Way principle of Adaptation will ensure that Ellison will evolve to further grow market share, strengthen our relationships with our key partners Doosan and our customers. The major focus moving forward must be on the development of Ellison’s most valuable resource – its people." - Graham Hooper (CEO)
Ellison Technologies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.” *** #ZR *PM18
PI122377597PandoLogic. Keywords: Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA - 90670
Advanced Manufacturing Careers