Our company is a custom, quick-turn manufacturer focused on plastic injection molding, CNC machining and 3-D printing in the rapid manufacturing industry. Due to growth and an ambitious 2020 sales plan, we are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to cover the Central Region of our U.S. market.
Reporting to the VP of Inside Sales , the Inside Sales Representative will join a strong Inside Sales Team that values collaboration, communication and transparency. The Inside Sales Representative will be accountable for driving sales and profitable growth by executing on projects funneled by the Direct Sales Team and follow a defined sales process for closing and finalizing agreements with decision makers at customer site.
The Inside Sales Representative will communicate by phone with different customer personas, such as design engineers, industrial designers, project and program managers, CAD designers and purchase departments. The inside sales representative will be responsible for inside sales activities related to above specific customer groups; including generating quotes, maintaining relationship, helping customers identify the right manufacturing options for their parts and providing technical guidance regarding process capabilities and limitations.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Qualify the projects transferred by Direct Sales Team and Marketing Campaigns
- Explore and Evaluate Solutions for the preparation of the project proposal
- Make project proposal based on materials, delivery time and number of parts required – following the customers design specifications.
- Propose financial quote for the project
- Finalize and agree on the project, secure quote acceptance and obtain signed customer order
- Provide guidance regarding technical options such as manufacturing method and mold design, material selection, gate and ejector layout, surface finish, etc.
- Review customer orders and prepare proper documentation to hand off project to operations.
- Respond to customer inquiries by phone and email.
The Inside Sales Representative will engage and collaborate with Marketing, Direct Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing.
The person will enable the Company’s Strategy by creating new customers using the defined Sales Strategy, Processes and Programs. The person will drive the development of the Company’s B2B Revenue, including product position, ideal customer profile, repeatable/consistent sales process, customer buying processes, organizational design, targeting and qualification, sales funnel management, sales messaging, training, compensation and focus on the compelling value proposition for the Company’s story. He/she will help develop effective programs, metrics, sales projections, and support pricing tactics. The person will maintain the pulse of the competitive landscape, as well as that of the customer-base business needs in order to help recommend any new ancillary products and services. The Inside Sales Representative will also have a history of utilizing some form of CRM system to track, log, and build account planning activities that are visible to the VP Inside Sales.
Generate revenue through customer project acquisition.
- Identify and close customer project opportunities
- Engage in marketing initiatives for outbound activity such as email campaigns, social media, and pro-active outbound calling
- Explore, identify up selling and cross selling opportunities at customer
- Identify future project opportunities within customer organization
- Qualify & Explore Project opportunities, evaluate customer solutions, propose project quotes and finalize agreement.
Our company is headquartered in the Detroit metro area. We are a custom quick-turn manufacturer focused on plastic injection molding, CNC machining and 3-D printing in the rapid manufacturing industry. We differentiate through our advanced technologies, proprietary manufacturing processes, rapid turnaround times, and competence of our technical engineering team. We produce molds in less than 15 days, parts in less than 5 days, and quotes within hours. Thriving on complexity without compromising a part’s design, we serve over 50+ industries and are a competitive alternative to offshore manufacturing. We manufacture from two, high-tech facilities in Michigan.
For over 20 years, our company has gained a reputation as a trusted supplier for time critical manufacturing services across a range of industries. We support the quick-turn, plastic injection molding industry with the advancement of in-house technologies enabling us to meet our clients’ time critical milestones. Customers choose us because we offer:
• Streamlined Quote Process, proprietary quoting system
• Integrated Design Review
• In-house Manufacturing Expertise
• Our Process Engine, proprietary molding software
• Minimal No Geometry Limits
Our company offers CNC Machining, Rapid Prototyping and 3D Printing Services in addition to our core injection molding service. We support companies from the Fortune 100 to innovative start-ups across industries such as medical, aerospace, defense, automotive, healthcare, electronics and more.
Telesales experience in the manufacturing sector is highly preferred in this position. This is typically a business to business sales initiative focused on a service and consultative approach wrapped around our proprietary way of providing a rapid manufacturing experience. The Inside Sales Representative should have a demonstrated track record of selling highly technical products within the manufacturing industry in some capacity.
The successful candidate should have a strong orientation to delivering winning outcomes and possessing an emotional engine that is contagiously felt throughout the organization. Candidates MUST possess an extroverted persona with the ability to be highly self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or similar required
- Call center experience or any other tele-sales experience preferred
Summary of competencies necessary to be successful in this position:
- Relationship Building – Rapidly build effective relationships through telephone call interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
- Active Listening – Enhance mutual understanding in communicating with others by expressing genuine interest in, and providing full attention to, the content and meaning of others’ messages.
- Information Seeking – Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
- Influence and Persuasion – Effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action. Negotiating – They identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Composure and Resiliency – Able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. They have the ability and propensity to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, and conflicts and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Organizational Savvy – Gather and accurately assess information related to the organization’s formal and informal communication channels and power relationships.
- Time Management – Focus on completing all work tasks in a timely manner while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They can manage multiple responsibilities while being organized, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work accurately.
- On-site training on policy, procedure and systems
- Pursue continuous education on industry updates/products and sales skills via books, classes, and on-line trainings
- Builds collaborative relationships and alliances
- Listens attentively to other people
- Gathers all information needed to make informed recommendations
- Persuasively sells ideas to gain support and buy-in
- Uses various communication techniques to gain cooperation in a negotiation
- Demonstrates the ability to remain resolute and resilient under stress
- Leverages contacts to stay informed of new company developments
- Balances new requests with established priorities
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Calls per week (Discovery and Solution Meetings)
- Pipeline at stage of sales process
- Revenue closed/won
- Percent of quota
- Active Opportunities
- Average opportunity size
- Close Ratio
- Landing Rates
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary to reflect 10+ years of progressive experience that clearly indicates a successful track record in selling
- Aggressive incentive program with commission earned on every sale along with quarterly bonuses
- No caps on income, expected OTE during first year $125k- $150k. Our highest paid Rep in this role has earned $200k to date for the 2019 year.
- Full and comprehensive benefits package provided.
- Plenty of room for career growth and financial rewards!
Qualified candidates should reply with resume and cover letter of introduction (absolutely required) for immediate and confidential consideration.
Our company is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.