EHS & Facilities Manager
- Posted: 12 days ago
At AIS we're excited about what the future of the Human Machine eXperience (HMX) offers and are directly impacting this with our diverse portfolio of electro-mechanical assembles and immersive products across virtual reality, electronic wearables, infection control products, medical & industrial display interfaces and touchscreens . We're looking for smart, motivated, individuals who embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on working with a team of rockstars.
We offer robust benefits packages across a full suite of health benefits including medical, dental, vision and mental health. Generous PTO including 1 week company shut down to enjoy the beautiful PNW summers!
The EHS & Facilities Manager provides safety and facilities management for the AIS facility in Coeur d'Alene, ID. This includes, but is not limited to, developing comprehensive safety and health policies and programs and implementing solutions that will keep our employees safe, prevention of business operation interruption, ensuring Federal, State, and Local regulatory compliance, and driving a variety of sustainability initiatives to protect the environment and conserve resources. As well as, being responsible for overseeing and directing, the daily activities and responsibilities of the maintenance and custodial personnel to ensure that facility systems and production equipment are maintained, serviced, and kept operational.
- Continue with the development, implementation and administration of the AIS Safety Management System to create a strong safety culture.
- Establish and administer EHS+S policies, procedures and programs across the organization to ensure ongoing effectiveness and compliance. Recommend and implement changes in accordance with changes in local, state, and federal laws.
- Serve as an advocate and primary owner of company safety programs via regular written and in-person communications with the company executives, department heads, and employees.
- Lead the safety committee in meetings and projects working collaboratively with executive sponsors.
- Provide written reports, as well as other EHS+S related results and updates, to senior management periodically to appraise leaders of critical issues or as requested.
- Develop and monitor meaningful leading indicators of safety and health risk/performance evaluate data trending, and provide data input to management reviews, with a view to continuous improvement and enhancement of safety performance.
- Oversee the delivery of EHS+S training for employees identifying appropriate and relevant content providers and recommending required courses to administer.
- Work collaboratively with business operations to implement safety and health initiatives including Safe Job Procedures, Standard Practices, PPE requirements, etc. in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Manage and advise the budget related to EHS+S spending and coordinate with the business unit as appropriate.
- Identify and implement appropriate environmental/sustainability programs to protect the environment and conserve resources.
- Provide direction for the day to day chemical management system.
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments and audits; develop new or, where necessary, make recommendations to amend, safety policies and procedures including ensuring timeline completion of corrective actions that drive continuous improvement.
- Manage OSHA 300 log files annually.
- Mitigate workers compensation risks through sound safety practices.
- Facilitate incident investigations, root cause analysis, site remediation, FMEA and closure of corrective actions as needed.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert advisor regarding EHS+S related terms in contracts with vendors, partners and customers.
- Monitor and assist operations in the enforcement of health and safety regulations internally and associated with vendor, partner and/or customer contracts.
- Utilize EHS+S applicability, workplan, and Management of Change (MOC) tools to assure continuous compliance.
- Establish stretch goals with key performance indicators to track EHS+S performance against established baselines, via score cards.
- Administer an emergency medical response and incident command sub structure.
- Reviews and prioritizes requests for maintenance from all areas of the facility and ensures Maintenace actives are properly documented.
- Develops written programs/procedures for maintenance activities.
- Re-designs, repairs, or replaces in-process production equipment, production control hardware, and tooling in response to requests from production management.
- Oversees installation/removal of equipment. Works closely with Engineering, Manufacturing and Purchasing to help design facility layouts and systems for maximum efficiency.
- Writes procedures for the operation of new or existing equipment.
- Oversees all building maintenance functions relating to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, custodial and cosmetic items such as painting, floor coverings, grounds maintenance, etc.
- Deals with outside contractors for servicing/repair of production or facility equipment. This may include, but is not limited to, HVAC, electrical/power, landscaping, custodial, security, general contractors, and facility ownership/management companies.
- Sources/obtains estimates for work to be performed by outside contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess strong leadership skills and ability to communicate with clarity and passion to influence decisions through mutual respect and drive a best in class safety and health program.
- Possess the ability to motivate and influence others at all levels to achieve safety & environmental objectives.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills. Willingness to take ownership of issues and win the buy-in from others.
- Must demonstrate extensive working knowledge of regulatory requirements in manufacturing industries.
- Basic knowledge of LEAN principles.
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical principles and machine functionality.
- Experience in establishing and managing quality standards such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and other EHS+S recognized standards.
- General knowledge of comparable global EHS standards.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics.
- Must be able to use judgment, safety & health knowledge and experience to develop programs and make decisions.
- Strong track record of performance with demonstrated achievements in reducing risks.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to communicate effectively in associated technical and regulatory language including regulatory inquiries from the agencies.
- Supports a culture reflective of a commitment to an illness and injury free workplace.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including MS Project, and working experience with spreadsheets and databases.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited college or university, in a related field is required.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in any combination of the following areas is preferred: Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Management.
- At least 5 years experience managing personnel.
- Experience establishing safety program and driving commitment to safety culture in organization.
- Professional certifications as ASP, CSP or CIH (Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist) is preferred.
- Experience in building maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, custodial, HVAC, security, etc.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines. Work outside of the defined shift hours may be required.
- Typically works in normal office environment, but must be able to work in a shop, stockroom, or manufacturing floor environment.
- Physical Requirements: Extensive walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, bending, lifting (up to 40 lbs.), standing, and driving (forklift).
- Ability to work inside, outside, confined areas, extreme heat, extreme cold, with noise, with vibration, high places, fumes/odors, and in dirt/dust.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while performing computer terminal usage.
- Must be able to work at times where safety equipment is required.
Advanced Input Systems
AddressCoeur d'Alene, ID
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?