Endeavor House North, an Adult Addiction Treatment facility in Kearney NJ, is looking for an LPN to facilitate top notch client care.
Addiction treatment/12 step knowledge a must.
RN is responsible for nursing assessment plan, and oversees the medical and psychiatric management of the patient coordination with the attending physician. He/she is also a member of the Treatment Team and provides input into the development of the Master Treatment Plan.
He/she functions under the guidance of their State Licensure in accordance of State and Federal regulations.
1. EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited college or university with a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing. Vocational training may be substituted for a degree.
2. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 1 year experience in psychiatry, preferably in a substance abuse program or equivalent.
3. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Registered to practice nursing in the State of NJ; maintaining current licensure per state requirements. Maintains current CPR certification.
4. KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE:
- Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of the discipline.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards.
- Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills.
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Patient Confidentiality laws.
- Knowledge of Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
- Knowledge of Workplace Violence.
5. SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO POSITION
- Facilitates team interaction for discharge planning.
- Collects and records data in a comprehensive accurate and systematic manner.
- Indicates and completes intake initial nursing assessment upon admission.
- Evaluates the impact of therapeutic interventions upon a therapeutic milieu.
- Knows the company’s policies and procedures.
- Shares pertinent information with team as obtained from patients or family throughout program.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to provide medical and nursing care.
- Documents client progress/regress according to established policies and procedures. Familiar with EMR (KIPU)preferred.
- Performs clinical nursing activities in a safe, professional manner.
- Maintains compliance with established nursing care standards.
- Practices six medication rights
- Obtains lab specimens as ordered by the doctor.
- Assists clients in obtaining medication from pharmacy.
- Provides health education groups
- Documents groups on the appropriate form, in a legible, accurate, clear and concise manner.
- Continues with educational courses and in-service trainings, per policies and procedures.
- Updates knowledge of community resources on a continuous basis.
- Maintains current CPR/LPN certification.
- Demonstrates objectivity and maturity under stress.
- Responds positively to changing situations in the workplace.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Performs in a professional manner and role-model a positive image of mental health.
- Obtains physician orders for admission upon patient’s arrival.
- Reports abuse of patient’s rights immediately.
- Participates in obtaining the patient’s informed consent for procedures, treatments, and research, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication actions, side effects, and contraindication.
- Performs other tasks, as assigned by Nurse Manager and DON.
Job Type: Full-time,Part-time, Per Diem shifts also available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Advanced Health and EducationDrug and Alcohol Treatment Center