Advanced ENT and Allergy is seeking experienced Medical Assistants with excellent work history. Position is based in Southern Indiana, but ability to work in Louisville may be required.
Our Medical Assistants are an integral part of our patient care. Responsibilities include both clinical and administrative areas such as assisting physicians with patient care and clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. They provide information to our patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from our clinical services. Scribe experience is a plus.
Patient Care :
· Organize patient flow
· Accompany patients to exam/procedure room
· Verify patient information by interviewing patient; confirm purpose of visit
· Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test, including but not limited to: blood pressure; weight; temperature; etc.
· Record details of chief complaint(s) and history of present illness in EHR
· Assist physicians with minor office procedures, including but not limited to: nasal packing removal; application & removal of dressings; suture removal; various other procedures
· Provide pre- & post-op patient education
· Triage patient messages
· Answer calls & provide pertinent information
· Under direction of the physicians, call in prescription/refills to pharmacies
· Relay instructions to patients/families
· Schedule outpatient lab, MRIs, CT Scans, etc.
· Schedule, cancel &/or reschedule appointments
· Obtain lab/radiology reports, hospital notes & the like
· Enter patient demographics in EHR
· Manage & update patient EHR records to ensure information is complete & accurate
· Obtain insurance carrier prior authorization for medications, CT scans, etc.
· Obtain patient signatures for surgery consents
· Complete patient FMLA, other disability forms &/or relevant paperwork
· Scribe &/or transcribe for physicians
· At least one year of relevant experience or recent graduation/certification in MA or other pertinent field with stable work history
· Excellent typing, spelling, and grammar
Job Type: Full Time, Monday – Friday
Competitive pay based on experience. Full benefits package available (medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) with employer match). Paid holidays and immediate accrual of paid time off.