Technical Writer Level 2 TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently seeking to hire a Technical Writer to become an integral part of our development team! You will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
-Six (6) years technical writing experience in programs and contracts of a similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
-Under general direction, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Applies concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produces defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community electronic equipment and systems
- Interprets engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures and to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
-Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Produces technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
-Understands basic concepts, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
-Responsible for preparing reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Works with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Coordinates layout and design of documents
- Works on all phases of documentation
- Understands basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assists in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manual and technical publications
- Gathers technical information, prepares written text
- May maintain a current internal documentation library
- Uses multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, etc.
Advanced Computer and Network Concepts, L.L.C.
AddressFort George Meade, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?