We are looking for someone to join our team as a Help Desk Consultant at our Shelton location. The Help Desk Consultant is a full-time position, which will work in a fast-paced environment, managing, monitoring, and maintaining IT systems for our clients. The primary job role is to troubleshoot and resolve tickets generated from automated system monitoring alerts. This position is expected to maintain an open line of communication and work closely with team members in order to determine which issues can be escalated for either resolution or automation and scripting.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, energetic team player looking for a great opportunity where they can learn, grow, and advance from within the same company. The team's goal is to automate the resolution of as many issues as possible, so an interest in learning about systems automation and rule-based automation policy management is a huge plus. This individual will staff the Helpdesk from between the hours of 9:30pm and 5:30am, and will be responsible for ensure smooth handoff of after hours tickets.
- Track all time, including detailed updates for each time entry.
- Tier 1 troubleshooting and resolution of service tickets.
- Manage client expectations regarding repairs and implementations, using direct interaction with clients to improve customer service, perceptions and satisfaction.
- Perform all helpdesk duties such as, but not limited to, identifying issues, prioritization, root cause analysis, moves, additions and changes, monitoring of performance and backups, and problem escalation.
- Use the available automation tools to work quickly and efficiently, and to avoid interrupting end-users whenever possible.
- Nominate tickets for development of automation tools, self-healing configurations, or relevance reviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Proficient: IT troubleshooting.
- Proficient: Windows desktop operating systems
- Intermediate: Server hardware.
- Intermediate: Windows Server operating system
- Intermediate: Patch deployment
- Intermediate: Network troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS).
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with PSA systems such as ConnectWise or Autotask
- Experience with RMM solutions such as N-Able, LabTech, or Kaseya.
- Experience with IT automation scripting.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience with AV administration.
- Experience with backup and restore technologies.
- Experience with VMWare administration.
- Experience with Citrix/Terminal Services administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with installation of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Experience with WMI.
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, and MTA.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Medical and Dental insurance.
- Long Term Disability.
- Life Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days.
- Technical certification incentives.
- Technical training materials.
- Educational Assistance.
We are interested in filling this position quickly as the candidate will play a key role in the development and growth of our helpdesk team
If you want to advance your career, be exposed to new technologies or work with a great team please apply for this position.
Advanced Computer Technologies Inc.
Why Work Here?We are a growing IT Infrastructure Consulting Firm that provides solutions to companies of all sizes. We help our clients design, implement, maintain & optimize their Infrastructure in the most cost effective/efficient manner. We are continually looking to develop our team, and we work hard to deliver the highest level of service to our clients.
Excellent growth potential, work life balance, & benefits