Human Resources Generalist
- $56,800 to $71,000 Yearly
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Advanced Composites is the leading supplier of TPO's (Thermoplastic Olefins) and Polypropylene Compounds to the North American Automotive Industry. Our line of products consists of proprietary formulations designed to meet specific OEM applications. Our customers include all of the domestic and transplant OEM's, as well as their major T1 and T2 suppliers.
In order to provide industry-leading technologies, Advanced Composites contributes extensive resources toward research and product development. Our unwavering goal is to make available to our customers' products and technical support that together will reduce their overall costs and improve the quality of their products.
We think creatively and dynamically so we may lead market change by improving our products, technology, and systems.
Advanced Composites is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Required Skills/Licenses/Certificates:
- Driver's License.
- PHR/SHRM-CP or equivalent certification preferred.
- Understand and interpret data while drawing logical conclusions based on available inputs.
- Critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as non-routine problems.
- Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to perform:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Proficient organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn the organizations, HRIS and talent management systems.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of EEOC, Workers Compensation and DOL Regulations
- Knowledge of State and other Federal Regulations
Experience and Education:
- 3 or more years of relevant Human Resources experience.
- 1 or more years of relevant experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and/or equivalent of experience and education preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Provide ongoing support with employee salary and benefit programs to ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager, administer processes for compensation, performance management systems, health and recognition programs, while maintaining the accuracy of the online systems.
- Provide proactive assistance and coaching to the department managers, with guidance from the Human Resources Manager, to resolve employee concerns and issues, identifying administrative or employee needs that occur.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Give guidance and support to the Human Resources Administrative Staff in recruiting, interviewing and selecting candidates based on open positions and headcount.
- Assists with planning and/or conducting new employee orientation and onboarding activities.
- Maintain Human Resources reports and documents; including but not limited to manpower, turnover, and absenteeism, as directed.
- Assist in planning, managing, and communicating of projects and programs to employees, under the guidance and direction of the Human Resources Manager.
- Assist in the administration of ADA, FMLA, and company-specific leave management, for all eligible employees. This may include workers' compensation, depending on location.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Human Resources Leadership.
- Safety, Environment, and Quality Assurance Responsibilities
- Comply with, work to, and provide support for all Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Laboratory management systems, policies, procedures, and work instructions for ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO/IATF 16949, and ISO17025.
- Support compliance with all other applicable regulations (such as OSHA) and company OH&S and EMS requirements.
- Comply with all ACP Company rules, policies, and procedures and report any/ all hazards, incidences, and accidents identified and/ or witnessed directly to the supervisor/manager, and Plant Safety department.
- Is aware of the significant impacts, associated aspects, and the legal requirements that are inherent with acquired duties, identified hazards, assessed risks, and implemented controls within his/her dept.
- Leads projects as directed.
- Trains/leads/supports the Human Resources Administrative Staff as needed.
On January 1, 2003, Mitsui Chemicals established Advanced Composites, Inc. (known as ACP) by merging two major Automotive TPO Compounders: C&C Tech in Sidney, Ohio, and ATC Inc. in Nashville, Tennessee. Advanced Composites is a North American joint venture between four entities: Mitsui Chemicals, Prime Polymer, Mitsui And Company, and Marubeni USA. Our parent company, Mitsui Chemicals, holds controlling interest in the enterprise. Advanced Composites relies on the combined expertise of its four shareholding entities to bring to the automotive industry market-leading technologies in PP and TPO Compounds.
Advanced CompositesSidney, OH
WebsiteView All Advanced Composites Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.