- $18 to $29 Hourly
Advanced Coating is searching for a Quality Assurance Inspector to join the team located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Assurance Inspector is directly responsible for performing receiving inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, and other quality related activities as required. The QA Inspector will also support the Production Supervisor in the prompt and efficient movement of materials, parts, and processes through the facility. Inspection regularly includes reviewing customer drawings, process travelers, check logs and forms to ensure part and coating conformity before, during and after entering the process stream. Inspectors are required to identify and report non conformances.
- Ability to determine the coating thicknesses including knowledge of coating coupons, witness strips, glass slides and their uses.
- Ability to develop and deliver training as assigned by the QUALITY MANAGER.
- Identifying and reporting Non conformances.
- Ability to initiate and manage CAPA’s and the CAPA system.
- Understand metrics for reported defects and KPI’s.
- Knowledge of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), and how to handle ESD sensitive parts.
- Pass all training testing\evaluation with high scores.
- Ability to independently diagnose, manage and resolve problems coupled with the skills to provide direction for actions required to prevent recurrence.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, work with others, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Knowledge of company safety instructions, procedures and SDS requirements.
- Knowledge of the company’s policies, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to and promote Advanced Coating’s ISO9001/ AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Perform receiving, in-process and final inspection per company work instructions.
- Understand cleanliness requirements and how it affects contamination and adhesion.
- Perform measurement and monitoring of calibration system.
- Act as an internal auditor.
- Perform source inspections based on customer requirements.
- Provide guidance, when required, for any discrepancies
- Attend and participate in meetings.
- Perform tasks with quality of the customer product in mind.
- Plans, organizes, and directs resources to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Coordinates with Operations Manager and Customer Service Manager to resolve schedule conflicts to maintain on time delivery resulting in high customer satisfaction.
- Performs workflow analysis and coordinates with engineering and operations to develop methods that reduce time and implement process controls or changes that increase yields and throughput.
- Adherence to QMS/ITAR/NIST/OSHA/ESD and company/industry programs/standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- 2 – 4 years related experience
- Working knowledge of standards such as IPC-A-610: Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, IPC-J-STD-001: Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, IPC-CC-830: Qualifications and conformance of materials and MIL-I-46058C: Coating qualification.
- Ability to read and interpret customer provided documents including drawings, specifications, and test methods.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, electronic assemblies, and/ or aerospace a plus
- Knowledge of various digital/ analog instruments, their operation, maintenance, and use.
- Knowledge of coating, types, uses, differences, and applications such as Parylene “XY” and Type “UR” coatings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and E-2 or equivalent ERP system.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
At Advanced Coating, we use a consultative approach and apply proven methods, tools, and equipment to meet our customer’s specifications. We operate as an integrated part of the supply chain, contribute focused resources and innovative coating solutions, and work hard to consistently deliver 100% of orders to spec and on time.
For many years, Advanced Coating has been the “best kept secret” among Parylene suppliers. We have prioritized long-time customer and are honored to receive numerous referrals as a testament to our commitment.
10723 Edison CtRancho Cucamonga, CA
Get fresh QA Inspector jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.