We are seeking a Mortgage Underwriter II to join our team. This is a contract-to-hire role initially working remotely (must have own laptop with Internet connection), and later transitioning to 100% on-site work in Columbia, SC.
- Responsible for underwriting loans according to program guidelines. Communicates underwriting procedures to program participants. Reviews and approves loan underwriting follow-up to clear loan conditions.
- Underwrites all mortgage loan applications according to policy, regulatory and secondary market standards (as needed) ensuring compliance and documentation requirements are met within service level expectations.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of all loan requests for accurate processing and documentation including editing the application on the loan origination system (LOS), calculating appropriate ratios, reviewing the appraisal, title, credit reports, asset documentation, etc.
- Completes Underwriting Decision in the LOS in a manner that clearly and effectively communicate to the Association any issues related to the underwriting of the loan.
- Corresponds with processors to attain outstanding documentation needed to complete requirements as stipulated in the Underwriting Decision.
- Accurately completes delegated underwriting for mortgage insurance and obtain MI certificates in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicates with staff, Fannie Mae, Farmer Mac and mortgage insurers to clarify underwriting audit exceptions.
- Clearly communicates to sellers, both verbally and in writing, underwriting policies and procedures.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in front line retail or correspondent conventional residential mortgage underwriting.
- Thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae, and private mortgage insurance products, underwriting standards and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of industry standard mortgage origination, processing, and closing software.
- Specific knowledge of RESPA,TIL and Integrated Disclosure guidelines.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including Microsoft Office, database management and other business applications.
We operate at the highest level of integrity at all times, strive to be the *Best of the Best* in all that we do, and we are the Best Value service provider to our clients.
Advanced Automation Consulting
Why Work Here?Advanced Automation Consulting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, SC, is an IT Consulting Services firm focused on the long-term success of our clients and consultants. At AAC, we never lose our intense, passionate focus on the needs of our clients. We attract and retain the best and brightest consultants and provide them with support, training, and the project discipline to ensure the success of our clients and AAC. We operate at the highest level of integrity at all times, strive to be the *Best of the Best* in all that we do, and we are the Best Value service provider to our clients.
Fun team, excellent benefits, great opportunities and potential!