Advance Auto Parts, a leader in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry, has an immediate need for a Senior Data Governance Analyst. In this role, the successful candidate will develop and implement data standards, guaranteeing metadata is captured correctly, by working closely with category managers, suppliers, eCommerce and various other departments in maintaining and enhancing master data. The successful candidate will utilize strong analytical forecasting and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve data integrity opportunities across multiple systems and platforms, as well as creating methods for monitoring data and provide organizational management with guidance on streamlining data management. The successful candidate will manage the associated risks involved with inaccurate product information within quality, time and budget targets. The successful candidate will monitor application personnel to ensure they are following data governance procedures and make an immediate impact in one of our transformative and corporate strategic divisions. This individual will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Product Information Management and the PiM team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, implement and manage control structures within complex environments to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to gather and understand functional requirements; develop and configure complex queries and export configurations for all ad-hoc exports and reports
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT
- Support systemic ingestion of all inbound data, content, and assets
- Provide guidance with supplier onboarding pertaining to item attributes and content
- Facilitate supplier hierarchy management
- Analyze and update data and data exceptions issues; trigger / publish messages on exceptions
- Work closely with the business teams on daily workflow challenges
- Assist business team to manage mass data updates and configure business rules
- Create and maintain appropriate product data documentation / Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all process work
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure complete product data is collected from suppliers and other relevant sources
- Develop an ownership and collaborative approach to supplier relationships
- Prepare and present periodic progress reports to identified stakeholders of the process
- Liaison between PiM business and IT teams
- Support all outbound data, content and assets - Omnichannel Catalog Advanced, Core Merch
- Drive continuous improvements and efficiencies in our business processes, both internally and externally, that impact product information data across AAP's end-to-end business, optimizing the data flow
- Partner with IT to move developed data capabilities to enterprise solutions as needed
- Lead Stibo monthly maintenance patches
- Work closely with IT for major Stibo release upgrades
- Ownership of the product backlog
- Leads enhancement delivery process
- Ensures alignment with PiM Director on product roadmap
- Aligns with cross-functional business teams on all programs/projects that may impact Stibo STEP
- Communicate and present recommendations to all levels of staff and management regarding detailed implementation plans for metrics and scorecards
- Provide subject matter expertise on the product data information processes for relevant initiatives and stake holders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of large-scale databases and data structures
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals; ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to present information and communicate effectively with various levels of the company and customers
- Provide root cause driver analysis to support decision-making by effectively communicating and translating data and results into business insights and actions
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes
- Conduct special studies and analyses
- Identify and investigate issues related to assigned projects by selecting an approach from an accepted body of methodology or recommended alternatives
- Provide fact-based analysis and ad-hoc analysis that supports the business case for proposed investment
- Ability to quickly learn and use job specific computer applications
- Ability to interact effectively with Team Members and cultivate relationships across functions/departments, in order to achieve business objectives
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks
- Provide direction to functional counterparts in operating units as required, and to operating and senior management
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Ability to write various documents such as functional requirements
- Ability to compare technologies and make recommendations to senior members of the team
- Advanced level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Intermediate level proficiency with VBA, and either Business Objects or Tableau
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, and Outlook
Bachelor's degree; and
5+ year's data quality or similar level data analysis experience required
3+ years SQL and VBA experience required
Contract - 6 months, with potential to renewal or hire
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CSCP certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident who is authorized to work in the United States and able to work 100% in our Raleigh, NC offices.