Summary: The Branch Operations Lead assists Branch Operations Management in leading daily warehouse operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Spends seventy percent of time directly supervising five or more associates in warehouse and delivery in accordance with Manager in Training Job Description's.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Participates in supporting teammates in their training opportunities, enabling immediate application to daily work.
- Keeps current on all required training.
- Confers with Assistant Manager and/or Manager to ensure coordination of warehouse activities.
- Works closely with Assistant and Branch Manager to learn all functions of Branch Management, including but not limited to; operations, staffing, training, branch assets, expense management, budgeting, etc.
- Maintains daily workflow for delivery orders. During peak business hours, assists associates working in warehouse and as delivery drivers. Ensures replenishment orders and returned merchandise are processed according to Company standards.
- Participates in planning personnel safety, training and plant protection activities. Ensures safety procedures are followed and makes recommendations regarding safety.
- Understands vehicle and workers' compensation reporting and documentation procedures.
- Reviews, understands, and follows branch procedures, serving as a role model to ensure compliance by all teammates.
- Reports violations of policies and procedures and safety concerns to manager.
- Maintains a customer service oriented philosophy in all conduct of self and teammates.
- Ensures operations procedures are followed for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Recommends improvements to procedures.
- Informs assistant manager and/or manager of physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Ensures needed repairs are known and performed. Submits requisitions for equipment replacement if needed.
- Uses company vehicle to deliver products and equipment to customers in a safe and courteous manner.
- Previous warehouse experience, including leading or planning the work of other teammates.
- Must meet all applicable state-specific driver's license requirements prior to driving a company vehicle to perform delivery duties.
- Demonstrated self-starter and a motivated individual, willing to learn new skills and gain knowledge about all aspects of branch operations.
- Requires demonstrated organizational, supervisory, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills; able to provide direction and instruction to other teammates.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.