Shipping and Receiving Clerk
· Contract position - About 12 months
· $13 - $17 per hour
· All positions require background check and drug screen
About the role:
New greenhouse operation near Marana, AZ. We are seeking a motivated Shipping and Receiving Clerk with experience in an industrial or manufacturer setting. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits. Additionally, the shipping and receiving clerk will have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. The clerk will should be detail oriented and thorough in completing work tasks, while also gaining knowledge of production processes to control quality. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be required to work effectively unsupervised while also being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude. The Clerk should be able to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in written correspondence.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Comply with all applicable safety, federal, state and local regulations.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Requisition parts and supplies as requested by department leads for site operations.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Advise clients on transportation and payment methods.
- Track delivery progress of shipments.
- Estimate freight or postal rates and record shipment costs and weights.
- Sort and route incoming mail, and collect outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
- Remove containers of sorted mail or parcels and transfer them to designated areas according to established procedures.
· Notifies appropriate leadership in the event of seed spillage either before, after or during delivery to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule that could include: nights and weekends.
- Operate forklift or electric cart as required.
- Performs shift turn over as required and other duties as assigned.
Education & Training
- High School Diploma Required
- Associates Degree, preferred
· Must be able to lift up to ≤50 lbs. and push/pull up to ≤300 lbs. with assistance.
· Must be able to work from ladders.
· Must be able to wear protective clothing as required, including passing fit tests and medical evaluations required to be qualified to wear respiratory protection.
· Must meet Occupational Demands/ Physical Requirement checklist.
· Extensive standing, squatting, kneeling and walking.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Advance Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).