Advance Services is currently seeking individuals who would be responsible for performing soil processing and measurements.
This position is not a long term position and could be an on call basis schedule due to the weather.
Primary shift is Monday-Friday from 8 am-4:30 pm, however, must be open to possibly starting workday at 7:30 am on some days.
Technician is responsible for a variety of sample handling and preparation tasks within the lab. Tech is also responsible for assuring quality work while keeping up with the pace of the lab and client expectations of data return.
Functions and Responsibilities:
• Homogenize soil
• Subsample soil
• Split and ship samples for further research/analysis
• Clean laboratory sample cups and well plates
• Use computer software to enter data
• Maintain and clean various equipment, work areas and work stations
• Strict adherence and compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Strict adherence and compliance with laboratory safety requirements
• Perform daily and weekly maintenance tasks on equipment to prevent major failures, as needed
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Must be computer literate
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to work around dust and soil
• Able to perform repetitive tasks
- Requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.