Fire Technician (Fire Alarms Systems)
Temporary role - expected to last through late December
- $20 / Hour
- All positions require: Background Check and Drug Screen
TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
• Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
• Responsible to contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
• Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
• Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
• Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers’ Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell.
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
• Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop computers.
• Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment.
• Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
• Help to train or mentor others on the service team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
• Valid Fire Alarm License
• Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
• Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
• Overnight travel may be required.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
• Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
• Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
• Completion of SimplexGrinnell 4120 Network training within 12 months
• NICET Level II certification strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Advance Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Advance Services Inc
Why Work Here?
Advance Services is NOT a temp agency. We are an employment organization hired by employers to screen potential employees.