Cyber Security Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Under general supervision, evaluate, recommend, and designs security controls to information systems to help protect information from unauthorized access or use. Responsible for identifying any hardware or software issues that could be a current or future vulnerability, and work with team to secure system architectures. Identify patterns of user activities and behaviors that are abnormal, along with investigating and remediating these anomalies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support company with helpdesk ticket and call resolution.
- Design, Implement, and Document modern cybersecurity controls and systems to maintain the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of company data and information systems.
- Analyze network traffic, events and alerts to determine security infrastructure controls and requirements, execute appropriate risk mitigations, and incident response activities.
· Conduct security and penetration threat assessments as necessary.
- Identify root causes, prioritize threats and recommend and/or implement corrective action.
- Ensure authorized access by investigating improper access, reporting violations and monitoring information requests by new programming.
· Develop a sound knowledge of network administration.
- Prepare, review, and present technical reports and briefings.
- Explore the company and industry for evolving state of industry knowledge and methods regarding information security best practices.
- Participate in development of company-wide information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that may reach across multiple stakeholder organizations.
- Be an advocate of security awareness, enjoy staying on top of cyber security trends and incorporate best practices into all company operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability and eagerness to learn
Good communication and organizational skills
Attention to detail/consistency
CompTIA Security+, Network+
In-depth knowledge of modern computer systems and network concepts, modern network management and security monitoring concepts
Degree in Cybersecurity
3+ years of experience
Experience with SIEM Tools and regular expressions (RegEx)
Experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering
Experience with penetration testing and other assessment tools
Experience with security aspects of operating Azure Cloud
Advance Services Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Advance Services Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?