Lift Operator - Warehouse
Advance Services, Inc. Walford, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lift Operator - Warehouse
Are you in the Walford and/or surrounding area? Do you have Forklift experience in a fast pace high volume warehouse? Is safety your top priority? If so, Advance Services would like to meet with you. We are now taking applications for a great warehouse with the potential for growth within.
Forklift Drivers are responsible for operating a forklift for the purpose of loading and unloading trucks and sometimes railcars; moving, locating, stacking, and counting merchandise to meet company standards for safety, security, productivity, and food safety.
- Unload inbound shipments, verifying merchandise matches shipping documents.
- Properly documenting put away locations and reporting any shipment discrepancies.
- Picks orders and prepares for shipment, ensuring the exact number and type of product is ready for shipment.
- Locates and re-locates merchandise allowing for the best space utilization and picking efficiencies.
- Keeps accurate records of stock moves, receipts, and shipments for reporting to warehouse office personnel.
- Inspects forklifts, daily, to identify any potential problems with the equipment and reporting these potential problems to Warehouse Lead or Warehouse Manager.
- Perform minor maintenance to forklifts that can be accomplished with the tools available, and ability of employee.
- Operates various types of attachments and equipment required to handle merchandise.
- Performs or assists in building, grounds, and equipment cleaning. Understands the importance to participate in sanitation, pest control, and all other actions that promote food safety within the warehouse operation
- Prior forklift experience is a must.
- Must be able to do basic math computation of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic PC Skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is especially critical.
- Some problem-solving ability is necessary as variables present themselves such as space utilization tasks.
- Position requires constant “getting on and off” a forklift, stooping, walking and lifting a minimum of 50 and maximum of 60 pounds.
- The warehouse environment can be dusty, dry, and humid, with temperature ranges between 40 - 90 degrees.
Why work for Advance Services, Inc.
- We are your employment specialists
- Never a fee
- Weekly pay
- Safety and attendance incentives
- Health Benefits
- Referral Incentives
Apply for this job by clicking the apply button, applying on our website and selecting a branch near you or calling our office at (319) 393-1200
Stop in and see our experienced friendly staff at 5428 Blairs Forest Way NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Advance Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Advance Services, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Advance Services, Inc.