The Product Data Specialist works closely with merchants, business analysts, various other departments and vendors in maintaining master item data, application data and digital assets for Advance Auto Parts.
This position will have overall responsibility for PIM - evaluating all current data to ensure that it is complete, accurate and updated on a timely basis. This position will ensure data consistency across product line and that all business critical data requirements are identified and data acquired. This position will ensure current processes for acquiring and maintaining data for the SKU file are documented. This position is responsible for identifying and managing the associated risks involved with inaccurate product information within quality, time and budget targets.
This position will build efficiencies across the functional team so that new and existing product data is accurate and inclusive of operational data and application data.
This position develops strong cross-functional and collaborative relationships with business partners to fully understand their strategies and needs. This position is cross-trained across multiple roles within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the Merchandising Team to ensure complete and accurate product data information is collected from Vendors and other relevant sources;
- Identify and resolve data conflicts in a timely manner;
- Communicates with cross-functional teams, internal and external stakeholders to resolve data issues;
- Develop an ownership approach to ensure that accurate data information is collected and disseminated in a timely and efficient manner;
- Identify business critical data elements that are missing and determine best approach to obtain missing information (i.e., digital images for specific products, or catalog data);
- Entry of product data information into corporate systems i.e., STEP, RMS, EPC;
- Review current product data issues and recommend plans for correcting the data;
- Recommend and develop continuous improvements to processes that impact product data information ingestion and maintenance;
- Understand AAP's functions and relationship of each of the product data process and maintenance operations teams;
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation as required;
- Prepare and present periodic progress reports to identified stakeholders of the process;
- Develop/conduct training on new/changed processes as directed by department manager;
- Provide subject matter expertise on the product data information processes for relevant initiatives and stake holders;
- Coordinate communicate, and facilitate critical components affecting successful execution of periodic business meetings with internal and external stakeholders;
- Requires preparation and distribution of meeting schedules, collection and assembly of presentation data, and coordination with internal and external business owners to ensure facilities and associated resources are available and secured as needed.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate good organizational and follow-up skills and work independently with minimal supervision, including ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving capabilities and excellent customer service.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven analytical skills and use of data query tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Software required, as is the ability to quickly learn and use job specific computer applications.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information and write business correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with team members.
- Ability to cultivate relationships across functions in order to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure; calculate gross margin and markup; and, compute ratios, percentages, and interpret bar graphs.
- Advanced knowledge of RMS