- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Driver Job Description
What is a Driver?
Entry level store position capable of supporting delivery of parts to commercial customers. The role has the responsibility to deliver parts to our commercial customers and assist with task and inventory processes in the store. This position can be part time or full time and must be MVR certified.
- Safely deliver parts to customers as needed
- Pick and stage parts for customer orders
- Pick up returns and cores
- Drop off weekly / monthly sales flyer
- Daily collection of credit accounts
- Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot
- General stocking including truck stocking and back stock
- Basic driving and navigation ability
- Ability to use delivery board system
- Friendly communication
- Ability to locate and stock parts
- Safety knowledge and skills
- Operating inventory systems (Back stock) and store equipment
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Driver
- Speak and write English (Spanish a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals
- Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Driver up for Success:
Automotive parts experience is preferred
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have a valid, class E driver's license and be fleet safety certified
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Advance Auto Parts
At Advance Auto Parts we have a passion for YES. Each day we are motivated by a passion to help our Customers. When you join our team, you become one of more than 68,000 knowledgeable and experienced Team Members who are committed to providing outstanding customer service to our customers, communities and each other every day. With over 5,100 stores and branches in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, we are a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider. With opportunities ranging from our Stores and Distribution Centers to our Corporate Headquarters and our rapidly growing Professional Business, we have the career for you, and we’re committed to advancing the lives of our fellow Team Members, Customers, and the Communities where we live and work.
415 Northland Dr 64429Cameron, MO
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Advance Auto Parts