Nurse Aide - Long Term Care (no certification needed)
Are you a Caregiver and have experience as a Nursing Assistant, Nurse Aide, CNA, STNA or Home Health Aide? If so, we are looking for you!
****We do NOT require CNA or STNA certification for this caregiver role****
We are currently looking for: Caring and compassionate Part-Time and Full-Time Nursing Assistants, Nurse Aides or Caregivers (certified or not) to help provide geriatric, short-term and long-term care and rehabilitation for Sisters living in assisted living, memory care, and nursing communities at the 180-room Dominican Life Center on our Adrian Dominican Sisters Motherhouse campus in Adrian, MI.
Pay: $13.58/hr. Plus $1.00 shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift. Currently paying extra incentive to all essential employees! We pay time and a half after 8 hours plus other incentives for picking up extra hours and shifts.
There are part-time and full-time Nursing Assistant positions available. This long-term care position requires occasional mandation/over time and requires working every other weekend.
1st shift: 6am - 2:30pm
2nd shift: 2pm - 10:30pm ($1.00/hr. differential)
3rd shift: 10pm - 6:30am ($1.00/hr. differential)
What we do: At the Adrian Dominican Sisters Motherhouse campus in Adrian, MI we provide our retired Sisters with daily nursing and personal care typical of a Nursing Assistant, Nurse Aide, Resident Aide, Home Health Aide, Resident Care Associate, State Tested Nurse Aide or Certified Nurse Aide, or CNA. You will be trained and work alongside a team of Nursing Assistants, LPN's and RN's who all have a love for geriatric and long-term care. There is no certification needed for this caregiver role.
Why choose us? We have a great resident to nurse ratio, an amazing and safe home-like atmosphere, tons of employee incentives and perks, supportive management and a beautiful campus. We do not require our Nurse Aides to be CNA's but we can maintain your certification. When you join our team, you will enjoy an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance at a very low cost to you. We pay for: short/long term disability, life insurance, employer paid pension, paid time off (14 days a year!) holiday pay, tuition though Siena Heights University. And best of all, we have a great culture and environment!
What you will be doing:
- Provide quality nursing care to Sisters living in the Dominican Life Center in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and individuality by providing individualized attention, which encourages each Sister's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Perform basic nursing procedures under the direction of the licensed nurse supervisor.
- Attend to the individual needs of Sisters, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, and range of motion, communicating or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to the community nurse.
- Perform various tasks assigned by the community nurse, including checking vital signs, weighing Sisters, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures.
Qualifications for Nurse Aides, Nursing Assistants or CNA at our Dominican Life Center include:
- Experience in geriatric care, long-term care, private care, in-home caregiving or nursing facility care OR completion of certified nursing assistant training (CENA, CNA, or STNA). This certification is NOT necessary if you have caregiving experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and perform physical tasks typically performed in CNA work
Other Related Titles: Nursing Technician, Patient Care Technician, CENA, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, Nurse Aide, Nursing Assistant, Personal Care Attendant, Long Term Care Aide, Long Term Care Assistant, Patient Care Aide, Patient Service Assistant, Certified Nurse Aide, Home Health Care Aide, Nursing, Resident Care Aide, Resident Care Associate, State Tested Nurse Aide, STNA, In-Home Caregiver, Direct Care Staff, Resident Care Associate.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Adrian Dominican Sisters, Inc